Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many critics scutinize Kobe for playing with Shaquille. This year he will be put to the test because of Shaq having surgery this summer. How confident are laker fans that Kobe will be able to lead the team without the big guy? Or are there any NBA fans that think he will not do well.

My opinion:
Kobe is one of those rare players who can do it all. I don't think he will have trouble with out Shaq. He is a leader and this year should prove alot of critics wrong.

Your thoughts, opinion?

·
Registered
713 Posts
I think Kobe is better than many people think he is. He will probably average 30-35 points until Shaq comes back. He will be a true leader and critics will have to respect him. Kobe works harder than just about everyother basketball player. He wants to be the best ever and this will give him a great oppurtunity to try and proove that.

·
Registered
10,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I think Kobe is better than many people think he is. He will probably average 30-35 points until Shaq comes back. He will be a true leader and critics will have to respect him. Kobe works harder than just about everyother basketball player. He wants to be the best ever and this will give him a great oppurtunity to try and proove that.
well said:yes:

·
Registered
322 Posts
I think Kobe will do a fair jobe with Shaq gone. Go Lakers!

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Originally posted by <b>JYD</b>!
I agree-couldn't have said it better myself

·
Home where I wanted to go
9,855 Posts
I think the Lakers are better prepared to deal with the loss of Shaq this year than they have been in year's past. This could be the first time Shaq misses 10-15 games in a row and that will give the Lakeshow time to adapt. Plus the exhibition games will help. If Shaq misses 15 games I say LA wins 8-9 maybe 10 games.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Originally posted by <b>JYD</b>!
You SUMMED IT ALL UP!!! :yes:

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Kobe is a star, and he plays well in the system, I think the system will be how they last without Shaq (all those nice role players) and Kobe is a big part of that system...

-Petey

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
I think Kobe will be looking forward to the challenge and do great.
One concern... if all goes well will Kobe be upset to have to go back to second role when Shaq returns or maybe they will just play like equals like this year. Shaq was the best player this past season but Kobe was the team captain and it gave them a nice balance.

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
I think Kobe will do a great job as always when Shaq is out , people seem to determine sometimes how Kobe plays in Shaq's absence by how many points he scores I actually believe that when Kobe's playing his best when Shaq's out he's scoring less and passing more, Kobe can score no doubt ,could easily lead the league in scoring if thats what he wanted to do but all his teamates would be mad at him. Example they played the Wizards in LA last year Kobe only had like 23 pts but I think he had a triple double and completely controlled the game, so no I don't expect Kobe to avg 30 ppg because everyone will stand around instead look for him to get his 23-27 plus assists and rebs will go up, chemistry on the Lakers is bigtime important and when Kobe shares the teams collective psychi seems to be better. There will be games Kobe blows up but mostly his scoring will come in the stretch of games other Lakers need to step up and not watch Kobe, This year with added firepower I think they will.

·
Registered
726 Posts
When the Laker are prepared for Shaq's absence, they perform quite well. Remember when Shaq missed the first 3 games after the all star break? They played very well, and Kobe dropped a triple double in a 20 point comeback win over the Wiz. He dropped 15 dimes that game. Played within the offense and himself. The problem with the Lakers is that they play very unfocused in the regular season.

Let's see the Lakers beat Philly without Shaq and lose to Philly with him.

They smash Houston w/o Shaq by 24 and then barely beat them in OT with him.

They beat Denver w/o Shaq and lose to Denver with him.

They smash Memphis w/o Shaq and lose to Memphis with him.

They beat San Antonio in SA w/o Shaq by 17 and lose at home to SA by 18 with him.

They lose to the Bulls w/o him and with him.

What does this all prove you ask? When you're talking about the Lakers regular season record it doesn't matter. They show spurts of life and then sink back into mediocrity on occasions. Kobe is just as important as Shaq is when it comes to the Lakers success.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
I don't really care. The Lakers could go 2-18 without Shaq and I will still have confidence that they will win the title. Guess that's what happens when your team has won 3 in a row.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Jemel Irief</b>!
I don't really care. The Lakers could go 2-18 without Shaq and I will still have confidence that they will win the title. Guess that's what happens when your team has won 3 in a row.

I feel the same exact way Jemel, you just know the Lakers can turn ON that switch at any given time again :eek: :eek:

Their has been some quality posts and opinions on this thread, Guess that's what happens when your in the LAKER FORUM
keep it going fellas :D :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts