Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Grumpy Pragmatist
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been reported on CBS Sportsline that the Mavs are waiving Doug Christie. Is our SG situation so dire that the team would consider signing him?

Personally, I wouldn't take the guy, even at the vet's minimum. Will Nash feel the same way? Stay tuned! :eek8:

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
Oldmangrouch said:
It has been reported on CBS Sportsline that the Mavs are waiving Doug Christie. Is our SG situation so dire that the team would consider signing him?

Personally, I wouldn't take the guy, even at the vet's minimum. Will Nash feel the same way? Stay tuned! :eek8:
No no no. Please, no. No. No, No. No? No. No no no no no no no.

And in addition: no.

barfo

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
doug , when fit is a defensive beast.
well used to be , still would be better than anything we have in the guard dept.

the guy isnt a cancer , his wife on the other hand.....

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
BlayZa said:
well used to be , still would be better than anything we have in the guard dept.

the whole "he's not a cancer" makes me wonder..How come we never hear someone reffered to as "an irritating cough" or something like that?

I'd say that Doug Christie isn't a cancer, but he's like runny diarrhea, where you don't quite make it to the bathroom in time. Sure, it's not the end of the world and by comparison, it's better than having lung cancer..but it's not a pretty sight.

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Isn't Christie hurt? I haven't followed it that closely, but it seems the Mavs would prefer to keep him around if there were a chance of him contributing...

Even if Christie is healthy: I don't see us signing him. He's not good enough to make a difference and he'd just reduce the young guys' minutes.

Ed O.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
if he's not happy he gets a bit stroppy. but would he be any worse the ruben? not that i really want another ruben though - saying that i love rubens game on court, just his off-court actions arent ideal

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
Ed O said:
Isn't Christie hurt? I haven't followed it that closely, but it seems the Mavs would prefer to keep him around if there were a chance of him contributing...

Even if Christie is healthy: I don't see us signing him. He's not good enough to make a difference and he'd just reduce the young guys' minutes.

Ed O.
I believe that doug has an injured ankle, and hiscontract was only for 1 year (of the 3 total available)..so they wanted him to retire, and he didn't want to. so they said g'bye.

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
Hap said:
I believe that doug has an injured ankle, and hiscontract was only for 1 year (of the 3 total available)..so they wanted him to retire, and he didn't want to. so they said g'bye.
3 total available? I don't understand. Do you mean he had 2 option years? Or that he could have been signed to a 3 year contract but was only signed for one? Or...?

barfo

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
barfo said:
3 total available? I don't understand. Do you mean he had 2 option years? Or that he could have been signed to a 3 year contract but was only signed for one? Or...?

barfo
1 year guarantied (I have a hard time remembering how to spell guaranty, so I try to avoid it) and 2 years at the teams choice.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Christie is an injury bug. I don't think he can hold up for a complete NBA season now, unless he is a deep reserve that plays for a team that is pretty much a lock for the playoffs, & can be a defensive stopper in the playoffs or just some insurance.....otherwise, he is pretty useless because of all the injury problems he has had.

·
Registered
8,714 Posts
I thought that Christie was going to retire..............I think that I saw it on RealGM the other day. I think that I raised an eyebrow and muttered something. :D

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
Christie signed a 3 year deal with only this season Guranteed. He injured his ankle which could end up being career ending, probably is at this point. He had originally sadi he would retire, but hten backed off that and was going to sit on IA and collect his money. Dallas Waived him so they could at least use the roster spot, since they were going to be paying Doug for nothing anyway.

·
Registered
8,714 Posts

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
At this point, I think we're much most desperate for a PF. I think Webster and/or Monia will fill the SG void soon enough.

·
Registered
7,834 Posts
HOWIE said:
Doug Christie was waived by the Dallas Mavericks on Friday, a move that could be a precursor to the veteran guard's retirement.

Mavs Waive Christie, Retirement Looms
I feel sorry for Doug, he is going to have to way more time with his crazy wife once he is retired.

·
Registered
700 Posts
BlayZa said:

Christie isn't a cancer... he's more like a gunshot to the crotch. Just ask the Magic.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts