Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Tangible
14,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys I need an article for school that explains how they pick the MVP each year. Any popular source like espn or a newspaper article that describes the process would be perfect. I really need help I can't seem to find anything. Could somebody help me as soon as possible?

·
Tangible
14,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Can somebody help me please?

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
I might be wrong. This is all I know.

The 123 reporters from USA and Canada to vote the MVP.

Some reporters vote the MVP based on their feeling (like or love, e.g. Barkley, Anthony ....), others vote it based on quality of the players ..........

Therefore the result for some awards are always terrible.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
It depends on the voter, most voters vote for who they feel is most deserving of the award. But there are some who vote with personal feeling which shows they are unprofessional. Last year some guy actually wrote an article about how he wasn't voting for Kevin Garnett because after one game he didn't speak with the media. I hope that guy doesn't have a vote this year or ever again.

·
Tangible
14,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does anybody have a link to an article that describes the process? It doesn't matter what article or how brief. Anything would be most appreciated. I just need something to cite in a paper and I'm desperate.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
adam said:
Does anybody have a link to an article that describes the process? It doesn't matter what article or how brief. Anything would be most appreciated. I just need something to cite in a paper and I'm desperate.
www.google.com
:greatjob:

:D

·
Tangible
14,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
adam said:
I have. Try your luck smart guy. I bet you couldn't find anything either.
So what would be the point of him looking for an article if you've already looked and found nothing?

·
Tangible
14,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I asked Jeeves and he couldn't help. This is something that you would think is so common but it really isn't. I think that nobody has ever really talked about it which is really strange. As far as I know random sports writers and media types each get a vote but thats all I have ever heard before. The actual process seems to be a mystery.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
adam said:
I asked Jeeves and he couldn't help. This is something that you would think is so common but it really isn't. I think that nobody has ever really talked about it which is really strange. As far as I know random sports writers and media types each get a vote but thats all I have ever heard before. The actual process seems to be a mystery.
I'm not sure about the specifics, but I do remember back a couple years ago when Duncan got his last MVP, and I remember that there were like 6 people from San Antonio that got to vote, and only 1 or 2 from Minnesota. The reason there were more was because of guys like Sean Elliott and Steve Kerr who worked for ESPN and TNT, and then they had a couple writers in San Antonio that were considered national writers. People from every NBA city get a vote (not sure if it's radio, TV, or newspaper guys, and I'm not sure how many votes. 1 or 2 I think), and then some people from the national media vote. Good luck finding a link though, not sure where to look. :whoknows:

·
Premium Member
3,482 Posts
Voters are made up from sports writers and broadcasters from each of the leagues cities. Last year 123 people voted, this year it will be a few more because of the bobcats.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts