Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I'm new to this forum and I was wondering if you all could help shed some light on a few questions I've had in mind concerning the NBA and the sport of basketball in general.

I was wondering how someone who hasn't played basketball in college (or for any team...ever) could earn a shot at playing for the NBA D-League. I know the D-League is the NBA's official minor league and I assuming most of its players have played college ball. But how can someone who is truly gifted and talented at the sport make it into the D-League? Are there tryouts or something? Thanks..

Krep

·
Mammal
2,299 Posts
Step One: Be awesome. Be really, really awesome. And preferably tall.

Step Two: Yes, attend try-out. Try hard at try-out.

Google may help with locating said try-out.

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
I know the Fort Wayne Mad Antz used to have open training camps and try-outs every year when I lived there. Larger markets may or may not do the same.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool. Thanks for the input I guys.

PS: I wasn't talking about myself. I was talking about someone I know. That kid tears it up on the court.

I do like the play. I just don't consider myself good enough to be in the D-League haha.

·
Registered
35,113 Posts
Feel free to stick around the boards, seems like you can actually put a sentence together, and that's all we ask.

Oh and the Knickerbockers deserve some rep too.

·
Premium Member
21,879 Posts
If he hasn't ever played organized basketball, he's not going to make it regardless of how much he tears up a bunch of mediocre kids at a playground.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Most teams do have open tryouts, but your best bet is getting latched on with an agency. Most charge commissions on a tiered basis so they won't take too much of your dough until you're making enough to afford it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts