Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This year's draft is going to go a long way into creating the future of our team. How do you think this year's draft will rank compared to previous years?

From what I've been hearing so far, it seems like there many not be too many All Star callibre players, but there is definately a lot of depth in this draft.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
I think it could be awesome if guys like ALexandrov and Green and Gay declare

even the Phillie pick could be huge if the under 20 age thing kicks in

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Deep but no clear cut top picks. Bogut should go one-two with Marvin but after that ?????????????????

The age limit is of course the reason. Get another pick Rob, take advantage of the depth.

·
STL4LIFE
5,841 Posts
defenitely good depth

like Ewing is a PG that could contribute right away and will be there in the 2nd rnd like Duhon.

There some good young players that have upside.

I think we can come out with 4 good rookies, 1 ready to start, 2 ready to contribute off the benc and 1 neading allocation to Europe.

lets say our draft is
rnd 1 lotto pick SG/SF Gerald Green
rnd 1 Philly pick PG Jarrett Jack

rnd 2 Sg/PG Louis Williams
rnd 2 Maimi PF Jaun Mendoz/Jason Maxielle

in the above Jack could start but we would ease him in
Green could contribute off the bench
Wiliiams perhaps depends on Alvin's health
Mendoz/Maxille inactive unless eithier shows more than Pop in camp.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
i think this draft was originally very underrated but if guys keep coming out because of the 20 year rule (which i really disagree with by the way) this draft can easily go 40-45 deep with guys like head, robinson, hodge, ewing and guys like garcia and williams being pushed back. i get the feeling this draft wont have the star power of the '03 draft but it can very easily prove to be much deeper. its funny too, the rebuilding teams that could take on a 'raw' player with tons of potential, will have some available (ie. felton, m. williams, gerald green) while the later teams will have contributers available (ie. winston, graham, garcia). mark it down, francisco garcia will be the steal of the draft... and if miami or san antonio gets him i will cry

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
There doesn't seem to be a huge difference between fifteen and twenty-five, and between thirty and fourty. I'm not sure if that means there is a lot of depth or a lack thereof.

The difference between 2 and 8 isn't big either.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
It's quite deep, but similar to last year in that there appears to be a drop off after the 2nd pick. Marvin and Bogut are the clear top 2, and then there is a drop to a mix of still very good players like Paul, Felton, Deron, the foreign guys, etc. I think a lot of starters will come out of this draft.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Budweiser_Boy said:
There's a lot of depth, I agree. I'm actually really liking this draft, but I don't think it'll be as good as the 2001 or 2003 drafts. Probably on par with the 2004 draft, slightly behind the 2002, and better than 2000 (worst draft in recent history).
Uh, you might want to look at the 2004 draft again. Numerous future all-stars in that draft, I think it will go down as one of the best ever. I think this draft will be the 2nd worst draft of the millenium. Which is not that bad since 2003 and 2004 drafts were unbelievable. I think this year will be on par with 2001/2002.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts