Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you think Billy Thomas will figure on our team? Will he even get a contract? To me he has shown more than Buford and Mercer, I hope it just comes down to their bigger contracts, and hopefully the Nets can get rid of Mercer next year.

I'd like to see him back as the 2nd guard off the bench behind Zoran.

-Petey

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
If anyone remembers the 97 Kansas team, Thomas was a nothing...

he's worked hard to get here...he has a shot now, something he's needed to get here...he's also a cerebral player...he's had to lean on his new found shot and smarts to get here...because he doesn't have starting talent. I really liked what he offered. Much of the time, he wasn't afraid of taking the open shot after a Carter dribble drive and dish. On defense, he was active with quick hands, and moving around. I love Thomas and I think he'd be a very good option instead of Mercer and Buford.

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
11th or 12th man, a la Donny Marshall. He's perfect for the roll (I'm sure he'd kill for any job on an NBA roster and not complain), and if and when he's called on there's a good chance he'll produce for you.

·
Registered
7,119 Posts
Every team needs some steady, cheap players who won't whine about the lack of playing time, but who you would feel comfortable about if you have to play them inan emergency. I hope they keep him.

·
The Bilson = Jayhawk Love
6,884 Posts
as a KU alumn, I want to see him stay, at worst he's a blow out player.

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
Dumpy said:
Every team needs some steady, cheap players who won't whine about the lack of playing time, but who you would feel comfortable about if you have to play them inan emergency. I hope they keep him.
I agree wholeheartedly.

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
He's not going to be a player who you hope to be a stud in 4 years...Armstrong, Slay??? remember. He's been around, he's shown he can hit the outside shots, play within the offensive scheme, etc. At worst I'd bring him back to camp, see how the numbers pan out. But he'd be a viable option as the 11th-injured list guy on your roster.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts