Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
8th seed- nowhere Nets lose in 5 or a sweep, MIami is just too good.

7th seed- we can make some noise against Detroit, though I don't see us winning without RJ , maybe a 6game series.

6th seed- legit shot at beating Boston and going to the second round.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
KingofNewark said:
8th seed- nowhere Nets lose in 5 or a sweep, MIami is just too good.

7th seed- we can make some noise against Detroit, though I don't see us winning without RJ , maybe a 6game series.

6th seed- legit shot at beating Boston and going to the second round.
I agree, but I think that we don't have a shot against Detroir even with RJ at full strenght because we can't handle their front-court (Krstic is a good player, but a very young, unexperienced european rookie with no mass at all). Even we we can get to the second round from the 6th seed, it will be our last station. We all know that we doesn't have the right tools to take a championship this season. I rather go to the lottery this year and try to get a big man who can defend down low, block shots and rebound well, like Chris Taft, Shelden Williams and Josh Boone. In the summer, we should try to sign Marshall (pretty good chances, and he can do all we need offenively and on the boards)/SAR (it depands on his willingness to take a mid contract or a S&T)/Haslem (it depands on Miami)/Swift (unreal). Like I said before, there won't be a big different between SAR who's considered a star and Mashall, who's pretty underated. Marshall can even be more efficient because he's a better rebounder and he can spread the defense with his 3pt shooting ability.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
If we get RJ back, here's the percentages I'll give...

As 6th seed...

1st round vs Boston 60% chance of overall victory

Second round vs Detroit, 40% chance of victory (RJ will be back to form by now)

Third round vs Miami, 20% chance of victory

Finals, 20% chance of victory.

Overall, 1% chance to win the championship.

AS 7th seed...
30% chance of victory vs Pistons
70% chance vs Celtics
20% chance vs Heat
20% chance finals

.8% chance of winning it all.

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
If we can get the 7th or 6th seed, we've got a chance (not necessarily a good one) but a legitimate chance to make the EC Finals.... where Miami will completely and totally destroy us.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts