Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
do better
41,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The job he has done with the team is pretty remarkable. He's the best coach (as far as results with this team) to come through in a while. How good are his chances to win coach of the year, or finish in the top 5?

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
I think he will be top 5, but he won't win it. D'antoni and Scott Skiles are probably the main two candidates, if I'm not forgetting someone.

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
I agree I don't believe he can win it this year. I would also have Rick from Indy ahead of him. Just because he has them in the playoffs after the brawl and losing JO for the year. My pick would have to be D'antoni for now though

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Considering the number of us who would prefer he be replaced this summer, I certainly hope he doesn't win it. Makes it a lot tougher than it already would be to get rid of him. No, I don't think we actually will replace him, but anything that makes it easier to do is something I'm on board with.

As for reality, I think EJ will definitely get his votes, though not enough to be any kind of serious contender. There will be 4-5 guys on top with most of the votes, then another few that have enough to get mention in the AP article, then another few that get a vote here or there. I think EJ winds up in that middle group, maybe like 6th overall. This last month will have its effect though. There's a pretty big difference in the mind of a voter between 44 wins with the 6th seed and 48 wins with the 4th seed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts