Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't seen him too much ( I am not from Cleveland and how often does Cleveland get on national TV?) I have seen him play some games against the Knicks and Nets. He looked good- swishing and dishing as Clyde would say.

The real question is his defense. Someone told me he is not a good defender. True or false.

He is not a step up player. He won't take the last shot. True or false

He plays badly against the elite points. True or False

Is he a great point or does he have inflated stats cause he is on a bad team.

I know many of this will be answered in the season, but someone from Cleveland might tell me more.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Just Some Stats...

Against Kidd...

Mar 19 vs Nets - 23pts. 14asts. 3stls.
Dec 26 vs Nets - 14pts. 13asts. 7rebs. 2stls.
Dec 7 at Nets - 8pts. 10asts. 7rebs. 2stls.
Nov 10 at Nets - 19pts. 14asts. 6rebs. 3stls.

·
Registered
32 Posts
He's good, but not as good as advertised. His assists per game were high, but playing on a God awful team like Cleveland, he was involved in nearly every play, leading to overbloated statistics. I think he'll still be good, but his scoring and APG will drop the same way Mike Bibbys did last season. I expect about a 8.5-9 apg, 12-14 ppg season.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Dre' Miller's ppg may have been inflated but how can you say his APG was??? He played on a team with crappy players. It's amazing how he could get 10+ assists with no real offensive weapons. The only reason Bibby's stats dropped was because Sacramento's offense in ran through the big men.

·
Registered
32 Posts
There were plenty of people to throw too in Cleveland, they averaged 90+ ppg, sure there were no superstars but there were plenty f guys who can score, Ricky davis, Wesley Person, Lamond Murray etc.. Andres assists were so high because playing on such a crappy team he played loads of minutes, and he was the center of 90% of the plays. The ball was almost always in his hands, the same as Bibby in Vancouver. That wobt be the case in L.A., therefor his numbers will go down.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Originally posted by *NSYNC
There were plenty of people to throw too in Cleveland, they averaged 90+ ppg, sure there were no superstars but there were plenty f guys who can score, Ricky davis, Wesley Person, Lamond Murray etc.. Andres assists were so high because playing on such a crappy team he played loads of minutes, and he was the center of 90% of the plays. The ball was almost always in his hands, the same as Bibby in Vancouver. That wobt be the case in L.A., therefor his numbers will go down.

Thats what I'm thinkin too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts