Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't seen him play too often, how much potential does he have to become an NBA star, not just an ok NBA bench player?

·
Registered
798 Posts
Paulding has loads of potential and with a great year should jump into the running for top SG not named Lebron, competing with James White from Florida who is looking to have a big year himself. Paulding can carry the tigers as showed in the NCAA tourny when he stepped up his game when Rush was struggling. I look for him to have a good year averaging aroudn 20ppg and become a top 10 pick in the draft.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Mizzou(and Bulls) fan here in St. Louis. If I had to compare Paulding to a NBA player, I'd say a hybrid of Ron Artest's defense, some of Eddie Robinson's athleticism, and some of Jamal Crawford's offensive smoothness.

I'm not saying he as good of defender as Artest, athletic as Robinson(though on second thought he might be as athletic as EROB), or can handle, pass, and shoot as well as Crawford. But he has certainly has all those qualities to some degree, and has shown to be a team player and tough competitor as well.

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
Originally posted by <b>onetwo88</b>!
I haven't seen him play too often, how much potential does he have to become an NBA star, not just an ok NBA bench player?
PM motigs. He knows a lot about Paulding and the Missouri Tigers. I've seen him played. He is a very good talented player. However, I am not too high on him just yet. He should be a very good plyaer in the NBA.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Haven't seen much of him, he was behind Rush at Mizzou and shined when Rush had that injury. I think I would take Jarvis Hayes, though, as the best SG not named LeBron.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Paulding vs. White, not competition

White's a better athlete, so he has more "potential" but I would take Rickey over James any day based on skill level. Rickey's very athletic, and is a great dunker, but he's also a skilled player as well. He's got the best mid range game I've seen in the country, can take it to the basket, and can hit the 3. His biggest weakness right now is his ball handling. His defense is pretty good, but not great. He still has to prove that he can score when he's the main guy out on the wing. His first two years he was able to go for long stretches without really being focused on by the defense. They were mostly concentrating on containing Rush and Gilbert, and Rickey saw a lot of open shots because of that. It'll be interesting to see how he and the Tigers do this season, because the offense will most likely start in the post with Johnson instead of Rush and Gilbert on the wing, and juco pointguard Ricky Clemons is a much better fit for this team than Stokes was last year and will run the offense much smoother.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts