Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

How many points will Guyton average?

  • 10.0 or above

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5.0 - 9.9 ppg

    Votes: 8 42.1%
  • 0.1-4.9 ppg

    Votes: 11 57.9%
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering how good AJ Guyton will do for us. Please post your predictions...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,767 Posts
I wouldn't expect much out of him. He's an ok PG, but I don't think that he's going to have much impact. I think this just happened so Fisher isn't totally responsible for the PG spot, because Pargo isn't gonna do anything next year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,447 Posts
Kinda hard to tell this is very interesting Didn't really see this coming, I think we're going to be hurt by the loss of Jerry West, Kupchak is on the hot seat and this move is very questionable ,I kinda liked what I saw in Guyton in limited time in Chicago but is he really ready to be the back up pg for the WORLD CHAMPIONS, that back up spot will be important,because of the NASH,TPARKER,BIBBY problems, I think Kupchak dropped the ball by not resigning Tyrone Lue last year we wouldn't have had BIBBY or T Parker problems last year if we had kept him. I would have prefered Troy Hudson who can do the one thing that'll keep Bibby and Parker busy and thats score so I thought he would have been the perfect compliment,or maybe even Travis Best both have played big minutes and have experience, this move for Guyton is questionable, it may work but questionable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,576 Posts
I never saw him play, but if he's considered a shooter, the triangle should benefit for him,
(if he get's the PT of course)
We might use him for defensive purposes as well??
Who know's.....
Maybe Jaxx & Kupp might know something we don't??
We'll just wait and see
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,576 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Wiggum</b>!
I wouldn't expect much out of him. He's an ok PG, but I don't think that he's going to have much impact. I think this just happened so Fisher isn't totally responsible for the PG spot, because Pargo isn't gonna do anything next year.
Can Guyton play the 2 as well?
How big or tall is this guy??
:confused:
 

·
BBB.net Archivist
Joined
·
26,901 Posts
I didn't vote because I don't think he'll make the active roster, he only makes the team if the Lakers want to keep more than 12 players.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,356 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Jemel Irief</b>!
I didn't vote because I don't think he'll make the active roster, he only makes the team if the Lakers want to keep more than 12 players.
Wouldn't you take Guyton over Pargo?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,356 Posts
Originally posted by <b><<<D>>></b>!


Can Guyton play the 2 as well?
How big or tall is this guy??
:confused:
I think he is around 6'1..dont know his weight..
 

·
I want Waffles.
Joined
·
19,935 Posts
I think Lakers should start him a couple of games just to see how he does and if he does better then Derek Fisher they should start him for the rest of the season cause i think he can get better then Derek Fisher
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,767 Posts
Originally posted by <b><<<D>>></b>!


Can Guyton play the 2 as well?
How big or tall is this guy??
:confused:
On nba.com it says that Guyton is 6'1'', 180 lbs.

I read on the bulls board that he is a SG in a PG's body. An OK shooter, so-so defense, so-so passing, etc.

Here were his 2001-2002 stats with the Bulls.

5.4 PPG
1.0 RPG (.30 ORPG, .70 DRPG)
1.8 APG
0.2 SPG
0.2 BPG
0.8 TPG
0.5 PF
13.5 MPG
.361 FG%
.374 3P%
.815 FT%
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,356 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Wiggum</b>!


On nba.com it says that Guyton is 6'1'', 180 lbs.

I read on the bulls board that he is a SG in a PG's body. An OK shooter, so-so defense, so-so passing, etc.

Here were his 2001-2002 stats with the Bulls.

5.4 PPG
1.0 RPG (.30 ORPG, .70 DRPG)
1.8 APG
0.2 SPG
0.2 BPG
0.8 TPG
0.5 PF
13.5 MPG
.361 FG%
.374 3P%
.815 FT%
Those aren't great, but they are pretty good when you look at his minutes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,767 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Wilt_The_Stilt</b>!


Those aren't great, but they are pretty good when you look at his minutes.
Hmm...let's do a little experiment.

Derek Fisher stats 2001-2002

28.2 MPG
11.2 PPG
2.1 RPG (0.2 ORPG, 1.9 DRPG)
2.6 APG
0.9 SPG
0.1 BPG
0.9 TPG
1.7 PF
.411 FG%
.413 3P%
.847 FT%

A.J. Guyton stats 2001-2002

13.5 MPG
5.4 PPG
1.0 RPG (0.3 ORPG, 0.7 DRPG)
1.8 APG
0.2 SPG
0.2 BPG
0.8 TPG
0.5 PF
.361 FG%
.374 3P%
.815 FT%

13.5 MPG vs. 28.2 MPG

28.2/13.5 = 2.09

NEW A.J. Guyton stats 2001-2002

13.5 MPG X 2.09 = 28.2 MPG
5.4 PPG X 2.09 = 11.3 PPG
1.0 RPG X 2.09 = 2.1 RPG (.6 ORPG, 1.5 DRPG)
1.8 APG X 2.09 = 3.8 APG
0.2 SPG X 2.09 = 0.5 SPG
0.2 BPG X 2.09 = 0.3 BPG
0.8 TPG X 2.09 = 1.7 TPG
0.5 PF X 2.09 = 1.0 PF
.361 FG%
.374 3P%
.815 FT%

That would give Guyton 11.3 PPG, 2.1 RPG, and 3.8 APG vs. Fisher's 11.2 PPG, 2.1 RPG, and 2.6 APG.

You're right WiltTheStilt, those stats actually aren't that bad. The only glaringly bad stat is his .361 FG%, which should go up because he'll get better shots anyways.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Fisher will start next season, Guyton will only start if there are injuries.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,937 Posts
Like it's been said before, Guyton may not even make the team. He's got no type of guarantee at minutes right now. Let's get through training camp and the exhibition season first. Hoefully he'll prove his worth and be a solid backup, but for now we just don't know...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,356 Posts
See Wiggum's post 2 posts above
Good job Wiggum-and I do hope that his FG% would go up-36% isn't good,even when you consider he is a jump shooter-but you are also right when you say it should go up because of better shots.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,356 Posts
Originally posted by <b>naesdj</b>!
Like it's been said before, Guyton may not even make the team. He's got no type of guarantee at minutes right now. Let's get through training camp and the exhibition season first. Hoefully he'll prove his worth and be a solid backup, but for now we just don't know...
I disagree-I think he will make the team-especially over Pargo..and we don't want Shaw as the second string PG do we?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,937 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Wilt_The_Stilt</b>!
I disagree-I think he will make the team-especially over Pargo..and we don't want Shaw as the second string PG do we?
Actually, I would rather have Shaw than one of the other newbies. Even if he sits on the IL for the season, he is CASH when it comes to solid play in the playoffs. But I'm old like him, so we gotta stick together....:laugh:
 

·
BBB.net Archivist
Joined
·
26,901 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Wilt_The_Stilt</b>!


Wouldn't you take Guyton over Pargo?
1. Shaq
2. Kobe
3. Horry
4. Fisher
5. Fox
6. George
7. Rush
8. Walker
9. Medvedenko
10. Shaw
11. Murray
12. Madsen

Neither Guyton or Pargo could make the team....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,447 Posts
Well Jemel when you lay it out like that you're right I don't see how he makes it, I'd rather have Shaw also he experienced ,can shoot the 3 and never gets rattled, plus he's our best post entry guy, seems like a simple skill but its very useful, good stat hook up Wiggum looks almost identical to Fishers numbers,
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top