Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
do better
41,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He's a guy who's really come on this year. It sounds easy to say now, but I knew that he could play last year in Utah, and once he got minutes he would dazzle. He's already shown that he's a very good point guard by definition, the guy who doles the ball out and sets the offense up.

I think the biggest thing he needs is to improve his shooting. He's shooting 44%, pretty good in this day and age, but I think he can definitely improve.

My question is, as a finished product, how good do you think he'll be? And how does TJ Ford's situation affect his development?

·
Registered
242 Posts
I think Mo Williams was a good find for us, he replaces TJ Ford very well. He can improve his shooting a little, has great speed, good court awareness and seems to do a good job leading the team at point. He needs major, definite improvement on defense (although the whole Bucks team needs that). If he would only use his speed on the defensive side of the ball as he does offensively, he'd be good on defense.

IF TJ Ford returns (and that is a big if I think at this point) and is at the same level as he was when he went out, the starting pg position is his. That should make Mo Williams the back up (and that is unfortunate for Mo, but should be understood why he is even here and getting the playtime in the first place). If TJ isn't 100%, which is most likely if he does return, he should back up Mo until he's completely 100% recovered. If TJ Ford is forced to give up basketball (very sad), then Mo Williams is our pg. The situation I see if TJ Ford returns and starts is that Mo Williams goes to another team. He's talented enough and his salary would work out for some other team to give him a starting position. And I'd miss him in Milwauke if that were to happen.

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
I had my doubts about Mo being a start worthy PG but he is really making me want to change my mind. As said he needs to work on his shot which TP could help him a lot like he did with TJ. IMO the biggest thing he needs to work on is his D. If he could just improve that I can see him doing incredibly well.
The only other thing that could stop him is TJ Ford. If he comes back, he is automatically the starting PG. We are not going to have him as a back up. I think what could really be good for both is to play half and half with them. This would give TJ even more time to heal if he isn't at 100% and it will still let Mo shine instead of only having to play backup minutes.

·
Say Cheese
3,842 Posts
He is only 22 years old...if teams knew he would be playing like this when he was avalible to be drafted, he would have been a lottery pick. We should feel thankful to have gotten Mo, and even if he is not our PG of the future, he is good enough stopgap until TJ comes back, or we find the PG of the future. Who knows, Mo could continue to get better, and could become a top PG in the league.....

Mo has become one of my favorite players in his short time on the team....

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
The biggest problem with Maurice Williams is that he's a really bad defender. Quick guards always manage to have a field day with the Bucks and one of the reasons is bad perimeter defense which Maurice is a part of.

·
Banned
22,939 Posts
I haven't seem him play much this year. But from his stats, he's put up some good numbers. 10 double digit assist games this year, and a lot of games that were and assist or two short, can't complain about that.

Is he as good as TJ Ford? No, but he is a solid replacement for now. And since he's as young as he is, I defintely think he is someone worth keeping around.

·
Registered
182 Posts
He's got maybe the 2nd worst defensive in the league for a starting PG (next to chucky atkins). He's a great assist man who will blow up with some nice scoring once in a while. Great role player for now and i dont see him being a great player, but at 22 its still early to tell.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts