Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the hardwork and the smart play we've seen from the Utah Jazz for the last 20 yrs. I think it's time for the youth movement in Utah. I just wanna see the Jazz become all happy and enthuastic like a high school/ college team. So that means we need a more youthful coach.
I wanna see Raul Lopez give the alley oops to Deshawn. I wanna see Borchardt grap crazy rebounds. I want Jarron to be a banger. But who are we likely to draft? Maybe we can get piakowski
and Brad Miller via free agency. I just wanna see this team become exciting and not boring like we've seen 20 yrs in a row. Don't get me wrong we were good but so boring.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I totally am

I am totally a utah jazz fan. However I think we need a nice blend of fundamentals with some nice entertainment. Why do you think it's so hard to purchase a utah jersey outside of utah ? Or why hardly any jazz games are picked up by major tv networks ? It's because only jazz fan like to watch utah games and hardly anyone less. There hardworking style is amazing however we need some nice dunks by deshawn and some hardcore plays by ak-47. These plays are likely never gonna happen under sloans foolish offensive game plan. why do you think these players have so much potential yet are locked down in utah ? it's because the utah system only ran their offense through Malone and look how far it got them! It's time for the youth movement in Utah. I would say start fresh, with a new coach, new nucleus of players and if possible change the logo for merchandise sales purposes.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Re: I totally am

Originally posted by <b>K-Man # 32</b>!
It's time for the youth movement in Utah. I would say start fresh, with a new coach, new nucleus of players and if possible change the logo for merchandise sales purposes.
You realize a youth movement means 5-10 years of the lottery and losing seasons? Are you willing to endure and support the team for that time? Do you think other fans will support the team also? I think it is an absolutely stupid option for a team like the Jazz, Blazers or Timberwolves. NO ONE has successfully rebuilt a team through a youth movement and gotten to where the Jazz are today. The Bulls aren't going to be able to complete a rebuild of that nature in 5 years and they are in the weaker East. In the East the Jazz would have been 3 games out of #1 not 13 games. The West is far tougher and it will probably take 10 years. Who has done a youth movement rebuilt and gotten to where the Jazz are today?

I don't believe the fans are going to support a losing team and that the team would move after 3-4 losing seasons. I would rather see the team sold and moved immediately than a youth movement rebuild. I think they will result in exactly the same thing except a youth movement rebuild will prolong the agony. I want to see a quick rebuild through free agency, trade and maybe a draft choice or two over the next two off seasons.

Who is available the Jazz could hire as coach this summer? Who would you hire as coach if Sloan retires this summer? Who would be available after next season? Who would you hire then?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Some available coaches I could think of. Most probably wouldn't even be candidates. Anyone have anyone else to add to the list
Jeff Van Gundy
Tim Floyd
Lenny Wilkins
Danny Ainge
Phil Johnson(current assistant)
Gordon Chiesa(current assistant)
Kenny Natt(current assistant)
Jeff Hornachek
John Stockton
Kareem
Eddie Jordan
Steve Lavin
Jim Harrick

Others who could become available
Maurice Cheeks
Dennis Johnson
Rick Majerus

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
What about Paul Silas?

And about Rick Majerus...boy, that'd be strange. I'd be mad because he's leaving Utah...but he's going to another team I love...

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BigMike</b>!
What about Paul Silas?
I forgot about him

And about Rick Majerus...boy, that'd be strange. I'd be mad because he's leaving Utah...but he's going to another team I love...
I doubt he is leaving and he wouldn't get fans excited who want more open exciting style .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts