Trade 1) Portland/Chicago

Blazers Trade
-R.Wallace
-T.Outlaw

Chicago Trades
-A.Davis
-E.Curry

Why Portland Does It
They get younger, but have to take on a big contract in A.Davis.

Why Chicago Does It
Chicago gets 17M in cap space. Sheed may be older than Curry, but he is extremley versatile. T.Outlaw is just a little sweetner.

Trade 2) Chicago/Seattle

Chicago Trades
-J.Crawford
-E.Robinson

Seattle Trades
-V.Potapenko
-V.Radmanovic
-R.Frahm
-2004 Lotto Protected 1st Round Pick

Why Seattle Does It
Seattle really has no need for Radmanovic. He is a good player but Seattle has too many jump shooters, they need a point. Craw brings them an explosive PG who can allow them to trade Murray.

Why Chicago Does It
Potapenko has a contract thet ends in 05. Radmanovic and Faram bring great outside offense to this team. The pick allows the Bulls to get another young prospect.

Trade 3) Chicago/San Antonio

SA Trades
-R.Mercer
-2004 1st Round Pick

Bulls Trade
-S.Pippen
-2004 2nd Round Pick

Why Bulls Do It
Mercer is not popular in Chicago, but he is an expiring contract. Pippen is a good PR player, but he is *****in nonstop, just like he did in Portland. The 1st rounder will basically be a high 2nd rounder, but any diamond in the rough player could be had

Why SA Does It
Mor Veteran leadership. Ward is a decent backup PG, but Pippen has the highest B-Ball IQ in the leauge. I know Popovic would love to have him and Pip would love to be on a contendor.

Roster
PG-K.Hinrich/R.Brunson/J.Williams(Hopefully)
SG-R.Dupree/R.Mercer/R.Frahm
SF-V.Radmanovic/JYD/T.Outlaw
PF-T.Chandler/M.Fizer
C-R.Wallace/V.Potapenko

Wallace, Mercer, Frahm, Brunson, Gill, Dupree, Fizer(Has a qualifing offer) have expiring contracts in 04

Blount, Jefferies(Team Option), Potapenko, Chandler, Radmanovic have contracts that expire in 05

Only guy with a big long contract would be JYD

Would have Bulls, Seattle and SA 1st rounders in 04. Allowing the Bulls to take Okafor with their first rounder. A SG like Luke Jackson, Sergi Monya, Iguodala, or Drejer with the Seattle pick and a backup PG like Blake Stepp, Sasha Vuljanic or even Duhon with the SA 1st rounder

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Jyd deserves to be more than a 3rd string SF

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have him down as 2nd string..maby he would start over Sheed...

As for Sheed being a FA. Thats the whole point. You clear nearly 20 million off the cap in one trade. If sheed plays really well he could be re-signed for 7-8 million and you would still have 10-9 million off the cap

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
That San Antonio trade is horrible. The whole point of them trading for Mercer was to preserve their cap space the upcoming summer. They can use that cap space on something better than a Scottie Pippen with a fork in his back, that's for sure!

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Word is the Spurs wanna trade Mercer. They would want a expiring guy back, but i bet they would make an exception if they got a smart palyer like Pippen. But i guess they shouldnt have to trade their 1st rounder too.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ThatBlazerGuy</b>!
Word is the Spurs wanna trade Mercer. They would want a expiring guy back, but i bet they would make an exception if they got a smart palyer like Pippen. But i guess they shouldnt have to trade their 1st rounder too.
They would lose Manu then. Why do you think they want cap? They have the right to match contracts for Manu, but not for more then the MLE if they are over the cap.

-Petey

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
So you're telling me the Spurs would rather have SCOTTIE PIPPEN for a year and half rather than the ability to re-sign both Manu Ginobili and Hedo Turkoglu for many years? :no:

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ArtestFan</b>!
So you're telling me the Spurs would rather have SCOTTIE PIPPEN for a year and half rather than the ability to re-sign both Manu Ginobili and Hedo Turkoglu for many years? :no:
I don't think they will resign Turkoglu.

In fact I think they will renounce Turk to clear the space for Manu. If it were about Hedo, they do this trade as they have his bird rights. It's all about Manu.

-Petey

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
I don't think they will resign Turkoglu.

In fact I think they will renounce Turk to clear the space for Manu. If it were about Hedo, they do this trade as they have his bird rights. It's all about Manu.

-Petey
I don't think they need to do that, they can re-sign both Hedo and Manu with the cap space they have. They can always tender Hedo a qualifying offer, then if Manu gets a really huge offer they can renounce Hedo if necessary to match it. But I highly doubt that will happen.

They could also re-sign Manu if they trade for Pippen, but they'd have to renounce Hedo for that to happen. So it comes down to choosing two of the three, Manu, Hedo, and Pippen. It seems that Pippen is clearly the odd one out.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts

I don't think they need to do that, they can re-sign both Hedo and Manu with the cap space they have. They can always tender Hedo a qualifying offer, then if Manu gets a really huge offer they can renounce Hedo if necessary to match it. But I highly doubt that will happen.

They could also re-sign Manu if they trade for Pippen, but they'd have to renounce Hedo for that to happen. So it comes down to choosing two of the three, Manu, Hedo, and Pippen. It seems that Pippen is clearly the odd one out.
Duncan - 14,260,640
Nesterovic - 6,160,000
Rose - 5,462,500
Bowen - 4,106,667
Parker - 1,545,441
Ward - 1,100,000 (Player Option)

Salary for those 6 - 32,635,248

Turkoglu - 5,986,833 (300% of last contract is what counts when figuring money available for signing and resigning of players.)
Darft Pick - 750,000 (Cap hold, unless they trade the pick again)
Players 9 & 10- 1,000,000 (Cap hold, for roster spots that need to be filled for the season, goes to about 1,500,000 if their pick is traded again.)

So for 10 players/spots (including Turk) - 40,372,081

That total minus the current cap is less the the MLE, which means they would only be able to match up to the MLE on Manu, which I am sure he can get more then... In part why I think they will renounce Turk.

-Petey

·
Registered
9,855 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ThatBlazerGuy</b>!
Trade 2) Chicago/Seattle

Chicago Trades
-J.Crawford
-E.Robinson

Seattle Trades
-V.Potapenko
-V.Radmanovic
-R.Frahm
-2004 Lotto Protected 1st Round Pick

Why Seattle Does It
Seattle really has no need for Radmanovic. He is a good player but Seattle has too many jump shooters, they need a point. Craw brings them an explosive PG who can allow them to trade Murray.

Why Chicago Does It
Potapenko has a contract thet ends in 05. Radmanovic and Faram bring great outside offense to this team. The pick allows the Bulls to get another young prospect.
Seattle would not do this trade. We take on an extra year of bad contracts with E-Rob over Potapenko, then we give up Radmanovic, Frahm and a 1st for Crawford ? :no: We have a solid PG at the moment (Barry) and we have Luke Ridnour for the future. Makes no sense for the Sonics...

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Petey</b>!

Duncan - 14,260,640
Nesterovic - 6,160,000
Rose - 5,462,500
Bowen - 4,106,667
Parker - 1,545,441
Ward - 1,100,000 (Player Option)

Salary for those 6 - 32,635,248

Turkoglu - 5,986,833 (300% of last contract is what counts when figuring money available for signing and resigning of players.)
Darft Pick - 750,000 (Cap hold, unless they trade the pick again)
Players 9 & 10- 1,000,000 (Cap hold, for roster spots that need to be filled for the season, goes to about 1,500,000 if their pick is traded again.)

So for 10 players/spots (including Turk) - 40,372,081

That total minus the current cap is less the the MLE, which means they would only be able to match up to the MLE on Manu, which I am sure he can get more then... In part why I think they will renounce Turk.

-Petey
Yes, but it is very close to the MLE. As I said, they can tender Hedo a qualifying offer and tell him that they will renounce him unless he gets his contract worked out immediately. Hedo will not get anywhere close to 6 million. If some dumb team gives him that then let him go, but I doubt he even gets the MLE. They can offer Hedo a contract starting at about 4 million a year, take it or leave it. So Hedo's cap hold is not a huge issue for the Spurs.

If that happens, the Spurs would have about 6.5 million of cap space which should be enough to match an offer sheet for Manu. If it is not, they should let Manu walk, because it would be financially retarded to give that guy a Gilbert Arenas level contract. He's just not that good yet.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts

Yes, but it is very close to the MLE. As I said, they can tender Hedo a qualifying offer and tell him that they will renounce him unless he gets his contract worked out immediately. Hedo will not get anywhere close to 6 million. If some dumb team gives him that then let him go, but I doubt he even gets the MLE. They can offer Hedo a contract starting at about 4 million a year, take it or leave it. So Hedo's cap hold is not a huge issue for the Spurs.

If that happens, the Spurs would have about 6.5 million of cap space which should be enough to match an offer sheet for Manu. If it is not, they should let Manu walk, because it would be financially retarded to give that guy a Gilbert Arenas level contract. He's just not that good yet.
They could do that, and that might be the way they go, but that can't happen with Pippen aboard over Mercer whom comes off. With Pippen they would only be able to match the MLE, which I think Manu will get more then. I'd imagine the Nuggets would give him a very nice contract. Miller and Manu in the backcourt would compliment Nene and Anthony nicely.

-Petey

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Any of these outlandish deals with the Bulls don't make any sense. Has anyone watched this team play this season. The only thing that could fetch you a bucket of Chicken is Hinrich. The rest is just dog poo.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Hong Kong Fooey</b>!
Any of these outlandish deals with the Bulls don't make any sense. Has anyone watched this team play this season. The only thing that could fetch you a bucket of Chicken is Hinrich. The rest is just dog poo.
What about Chandler and Eddy? Come on bigs don't grow on trees.

-Petey

·
Registered
44 Posts
Here is what I would do If I could rebuild the team:

To start with: Buy out JWill’s contract for a roster spot.

1st trade:

Chicago trades: C Eddy Curry (12.5 ppg, 6.0 rpg, 0.8 apg in 26.9 minutes)
PF Marcus Fizer (6.0 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 0.8 apg in 13.7 minutes)
Chicago receives: SG James Posey (11.5 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 1.5 apg in 27.9 minutes)
PG Earl Watson (5.9 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 5.1 apg in 22.4 minutes)
SG Dahntay Jones (2.3 ppg, 1.2 rpg, 1.5 apg in 8.8 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +1.2 ppg, -2.3 rpg, and +6.5 apg.

Memphis trades: SG James Posey (11.5 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 1.5 apg in 27.9 minutes)
PG Earl Watson (5.9 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 5.1 apg in 22.4 minutes)
SG Dahntay Jones (2.3 ppg, 1.2 rpg, 1.5 apg in 8.8 minutes)
Memphis receives: C Eddy Curry (12.5 ppg, 6.0 rpg, 0.8 apg in 35 games)
PF Marcus Fizer (6.0 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 0.8 apg in 24 games)
Change in team outlook: -1.2 ppg, +2.3 rpg, and -6.5 apg.
TRADE ACCEPTED
Why we do this: We get a good shooter and defender in Posey who can play SG/SF
which we need badly and a good back up point who can relieve pressure on Hinrich. We
also get Dahnty Jones who could play a bigger role than what he did at Memphis.
Why they do it: They get an actual big man withought loosing much because they are
deep in the front court, and it could free up more minutes for Battier and Bonzi who are
both very good, but not recieving as much playing time as they probably should.
2nd trade:
Chicago trades: SG Jamal Crawford (16.7 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 5.5 apg in 34.8 minutes)

SG Kendall Gill (10.1 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 1.9 apg in 26.2 minutes)
Chicago receives: PF Melvin Ely (4.0 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 0.6 apg in 14.8 minutes)
SG Quentin Richardson (17.5 ppg, 6.2 rpg, 2.0 apg in 34.8 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -5.3 ppg, +2.6 rpg, and -4.8 apg.

L.A. Clippers trades: PF Melvin Ely (4.0 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 0.6 apg in 14.8 minutes)

SG Quentin Richardson (17.5 ppg, 6.2 rpg, 2.0 apg in 34.8 minutes)
L.A. Clippers receives: SG Jamal Crawford (16.7 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 5.5 apg in 40
games)
SG Kendall Gill (10.1 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 1.9 apg in 42 games)
Change in team outlook: +5.3 ppg, -2.6 rpg, and +4.8 apg.
TRADE ACCEPTED
Why we do this: We now have a great defensive frontcourt with Hinrich PG, Posey SG,
and QRich SF. We also get a backup C/PF in Ely who could come off the bench and
replace Fizer. We do loose playmaking and defense with Crawford and Gill but in because
Earl Watson was included in the previous trade it will make up for it, and Posey is a better
defender than Gill.
Why they do it: The finally get a point gaurd who is capable of playing shooting gaurd as
well. They also get a solid Gill who can give them double digit scoring and some defense.

Offseason:
Resign QRich to a long term deal.

Draft Emeka Okafor

Sign Hedo Turkoglu for MLE

Get Chandler in the weight room until he is 250 lbs(if Kobe can gain 15 lbs in an off-season, so can Chandler)

FINAL 2004-2005 ROSTER:

PG - Hinrich
SG - Posey
SF - Richardson
PF - Okafor
C - Chandler

PG - Watson
SG - Jones/Dupree
SF - Turkoglu/E-rob/Pippen
PF - JYD/Ely
C - Davis/Blount

1 - 19 of 19 Posts