Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Knicks are 0-4! How long before he starts telling us his "kids" won't listen to him and play "the right way."

·
Registered
5,515 Posts
Knicks will not play the right way...

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
The Knicks are a bad team its as simple as that. I've yet to see a team with Stephon Marbury actually look like a team.

·
Registered
8,825 Posts
BenGordon said:
The Knicks are a bad team its as simple as that. I've yet to see a team with Stephon Marbury actually look like a team.
And I've yet to see a team with Stephon Marbury actually have good players surrounding him.

Except that one year in Phoenix, where he had dependable teammates and his team smacked around the eventual champion Spurs some in a heated 1st round playoff series before eventually succumbing.

But I suppose that's just a coincidence. As we all know, slightly good basketball players Tracy McGrady, Kobe Bryant and Kevin Garnett have had a very high success rate in carrying their respective, destitute teams.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
One on One said:
Knicks are 0-4! How long before he starts telling us his "kids" won't listen to him and play "the right way."

What makes you think Larry Brown isn't already working his magic on Thomas? You know he is.

And he should be ... somebody needs to smack some sense into Isaiah.

What I don't understand is I was watching the Knicks a couple games ago on League Pass and the Knicks were down and put in Nate, David Lee, Channing Frye, and Ariza. Those guys, along with Marbury, brought the team back and actually took a nice little lead .. 5-6 pts ... then Larry takes them out and puts the "veterans" in and in a heartbeat the Knicks were down again. The young guys were playing great out there, especially David Lee. Why the hell take them out? Sabotage?

Either way ... IMO Ariza, Lee, and Frye should be starting. Jerome James should never again touch the court. And Eddy Curry would be demoted to ball-boy.

[/rant about a team I don't care about]

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
One on One said:

he already did when he said that Allan Houston was the best player last year for the Knicks

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
All I know is that an 0-82 game season for the Knicks would be a thing of incomparable beauty.

·
Registered
4,242 Posts
Don't take the job if you aren't prepared for struggles.

Between Crawford, Curry, and James, I'd be ready to shoot myself, too.

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
P-Dub34 said:
Don't take the job if you aren't prepared for struggles.

Between Crawford, Curry, and James, I'd be ready to shoot myself, too.
Unless you are Larry Brown. Then take the job and complain and ***** and moan, and leave the team before you finish your contract.

Briefly, I just want to flash back to Stuart Scott interviewing LB after the Finals and saying... 'LB in the dictionary under class, there's a picture of you.'

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

·
Not Just Dumb, Aggie Dumb
18,849 Posts
i havent been paying attention to LB or the knicks, but i just sorta figured he was already *****ing.

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
funny i was a lone poster who thought the knicks wouldn't be so hot and end up worse than the bulls. most ppl(non-bulls fan) disagreed with me on that. guess i was right.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
to be slightly fair on the guy, P-Dub, apparantly when he took the job it was to coach sweetney, thomas, etc...

i know it's not a lot of difference, but still....

...neh, he's just a whining SoB :biggrin:

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
JNice said:
What makes you think Larry Brown isn't already working his magic on Thomas? You know he is.

And he should be ... somebody needs to smack some sense into Isaiah.

What I don't understand is I was watching the Knicks a couple games ago on League Pass and the Knicks were down and put in Nate, David Lee, Channing Frye, and Ariza. Those guys, along with Marbury, brought the team back and actually took a nice little lead .. 5-6 pts ... then Larry takes them out and puts the "veterans" in and in a heartbeat the Knicks were down again. The young guys were playing great out there, especially David Lee. Why the hell take them out? Sabotage?

Either way ... IMO Ariza, Lee, and Frye should be starting. Jerome James should never again touch the court. And Eddy Curry would be demoted to ball-boy.

[/rant about a team I don't care about]
Larry needs to smack some sense into Isiah?
Who drafted Ariza, Lee, and Frye?
People give Isiah too much crap. He's given Larry Brown the most amount of talent he could possibly give him. It's Larry's job to make it work. That's why they paid him an ungodly sum to coach.

I say give him some time. It's still really early in the season, and Eddy Curry isn't in shape yet, thanks to having to deal with the heart tests all summer.

·
Registered
93 Posts
futuristxen said:
People give Isiah too much crap. He's given Larry Brown the most amount of talent he could possibly give him.
i hope you're kidding....seriously....
besides getting talent it's also a good GM's job not to overpay for talent....jerome james 30 mill? yeah right...

·
Your Humble Homer
11,083 Posts
If Larry Brown took the time to teach the young players some dance steps. I'm sure they would be 1 - 3 right now.

But Larry Brown, the fool he is, did not both teaching the dance steps neccesary to win. What a shame....

·
Registered
495 Posts
:rolleyes: Oh give me a break. Yeah, this is all LB's fault. Not like the Knicks were a terrible team before. Let's get something straight, people may not like LB but the bottom line is he improves teams. The last 2 teams he has coached made it to the finals and he's a very big reason why. Zeke will get rid of the self proclaimed "best point guard in the league" and actually give Brown some players he can work with.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
lets not forget miami started to season 0-7 two seasons ago yet still made the second round. chicago had a similiar miserable start and made the playoffs too. so lets not write the knicks off alraedy

1 - 20 of 24 Posts