18,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lineup:
C: Olowokandi/Ely/Rooks
PF: Brand/Wilcox/Ely
SF: Odom/Maggette/Foulkes
SG: Richardson/Piatkowski/Stith
PG: Miller/Dooling/Jaric

How long do you think it will take the Clippers to win a title?

You need to factor in...
The Lakers dominance
The up and coming Kings
The Clippers that will become FAs after this season

I think that the Clipps will atleast make a good run at a ring in 4 to 5 years.

The Lakers will win atleast the next two titles, and could possibly keep winning until Shaq retires. If the Lakers do lose...you can bet your left nut that Sacramento or Dallas will be Champs.

I think that in 4 to 5 years, the Lakers, Kings, and Mavs won't be as good as they are now. Therefore, the Clippers will have a big chance.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
The Clipps are putting their pieces together, and they've done a wonderful job soo far. Their young, talented and Deep, if they keep their group together, I say anywhere from 3-4 yrs they'll make some serious noise in the West, Finals bound, As for this year, it will be what I'd consider....." testing the waters " They will learn the aspects of winning......Look for Maggs, L.O. & Q to have a big season

·
Registered
471 Posts
Originally posted by <b>The X Factor</b>!

The Lakers will win atleast the next two titles, and could possibly keep winning until Shaq retires. If the Lakers do lose...you can bet your left nut that Sacramento or Dallas will be Champs.
That is confidence!
I'm not a bettin' man, but i agree with you on this...

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'm thinking in four years they will at least make it to the WCF's. Then they could go on and win it all, or come back the next year and win. So 4-5 years is my guess.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by <b>Malakian</b>!
The Kings will win the west next year.
I highly doubt that. Besides, it's completely off topic. I've noticed it's been hard for you to stay on topic the whole time you've been on this site...do you think you could atleast try with this thread?

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I don't think the Clippers will ever get on top if they pay Olowakandi the max and don't trade him away.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Oops, I meant the Clippers.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Tenkev-
I think the Clippers will be able to keep the Kandi man without paying him max dollars. The demand for the top 20 or so players is high, but when you get to the lower class stars people aren't just going to throw max contracts at them any more. Look at what Bibby got. He is a way bigger star then Kandi and even he didn't sign a max contract.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Originally posted by <b>basketball_jesus</b>!
Tenkev-
I think the Clippers will be able to keep the Kandi man without paying him max dollars. The demand for the top 20 or so players is high, but when you get to the lower class stars people aren't just going to throw max contracts at them any more. Look at what Bibby got. He is a way bigger star then Kandi and even he didn't sign a max contract.

You can aslo add onto your comment, that winning and improvement to the teams overall status, might make a difference in a player. Kandi had stated that he wants to stay and finish up his career in LA, and I'm confident that the Clipps will offer something acceptable or reasonable. Kandi knows he's a very big part of the frontline, and by improving last year, he know's it's just getting started now.

These young Clipps want to keep the core together and the entire team intact. With the line-up, they have, I can see them contending and winning consistantly in the playoff's in 3-4 yrs, they are young and they'll be ready :yes: :yes: :yes:

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Originally posted by <b>tenkev</b>!
Oops, I meant the Clippers.
I was getting confused myself, thanks for clarifying that.

:grinning:

·
Registered
206 Posts
With the line-up, they have, I can see them contending and winning consistantly in the playoff's in 3-4 yrs, they are young and they'll be ready :yes: :yes: :yes:
I think they will be winning in the playoffs this year. I don't care which team the Clippers play in the playoffs, I bet they will win at least one game of the series. And if we aren't playing the Kings or the Lakers I think we have a chance to win the series. I think we can beat the Mav's, the Spurs, and the rest the west has to offer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts