Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Nothing I read had any sort of length attached to it. A lot said that it was the type of thing that you simply have to rest until it is better, which is not exactly the most comforting news. I think he can't have more than a game or so left before he's allowed to come off the IR, but nothing I've seen would indicate that he'll be okay so soon.

I think he'll try to come back sooner rather than later, but I'm worried about his effectiveness. Last thing we need is for him to come back next week, play three games, then have to sit out the rest of the year.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
amazing how we made fun of him so much and now that he's out we are struggling with running our offense and coming up with the W.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
aftermath said:
amazing how we made fun of him so much and now that he's out we are struggling with running our offense and coming up with the W.
It's a big adjustment to make. Jamison going down means that suddenly 18 shots -- somwhere around 20-25% of our total offense -- vanish out of thin air. Factor in guys like Dixon (7 shots) and Hayes (10 shots) also going out in the same timeframe, and our offense has had to make a quick overhaul to account for the plethora of shot attempts that need to be recaptured. Arenas and Hughes already take so many that they can't possibly use all those additional ones; in other words, we have to look for sources that we were not used to relying on throughout the year.

I think we'd see a slow and steady improvement if we found out today that Jamison and the rest were going to be out the rest of the season. I don't know if we'd be as good as we were before, but we'd certainly be better than we are now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts