Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe Jahlil Okafor is at the top 5 pick.

My pick for all-stars within 3 years:

Karl-Anthony Towns (PF/C, Kentucky, Fr., 19, 7-0, 248)

D'Angelo Russell PG/SG, Ohio State, Fr., 19, 6-5, 193)

Kristaps Porzingis (PF, Sevilla/International, 19, 7-0, 230)

Mario Hezonja (SG/SF, Barcelona/International, 20, 6-8, 200)

Emmanuel Mudiay (PG, Guangdong/International, 19, 6-5, 200)

·
Administrator
67,768 Posts
Within 3 years? I am leaning towards none, but I guess if I had to choose one it would be Mudiay... assuming that Ty Lawson gets traded very soon.

·
Administrator
67,768 Posts
Okafor because he's in the East and can score
I just worry that the frontcourt he plays in will be suddenly overloaded if Embiid ever gets healthy.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
I just worry that the frontcourt he plays in will be suddenly overloaded if Embiid ever gets healthy.
That's a giant if.

Oops, not saying he will be an all-star. I think none make it within 3 years, but of all the rookies, he has the best chance IMO.

·
Administrator
67,768 Posts
Okafor and Mudiay are the only locks for All-Star berths over the course of their careers.
If we're talking over the course of their careers, I think Towns has a pretty good shot along with Hezonja.

·
Registered
35,113 Posts
If we're talking over the course of their careers, I think Towns has a pretty good shot along with Hezonja.
Towns was my 3rd choice, but I don't think he's a lock to be an All-Star. I don't know if he will be that dominant, nor am I certain that he will be the best player on his team.

Russell will be an All-Star. Too many Lakers fans worldwide for him not to get voted in at some point in his career.
He has to be good to stay a Laker. I'm not certain of that happening.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Okafor is the only one I would bet money on. Considering the East's big man situation, possibly even in year 1.

I could see Towns maybe in 6-7 years, though probably never for Minnesota. Winslow has a good shot as Miami improves.

Don't like Russell's chances in the West.

·
Welcome to the Grindhouse!
19,803 Posts
Russell is going to be a disappointment. He will not be the 2nd best player in this draft class.

·
Tangible
14,515 Posts
I feel like this was the draft that 2014 was supposed to be. We had half the league tanking in 2014 and people were turning down good, rotation level players for late first rounders. That draft was so overrated.

I can't believe how many 7 footers this draft had. I think this will end up being one of those historic draft classes.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Im not going to predict a single one within 3 years.

My picks in order of people that can potentially play at least 5 ASG games.

1) Okafor
2) Russell (russell has been my pick for best player of the draft since day 1 but he is not 7 feet)
3) Mudiay
4) Porzingis
5) Hezonja
6) Towns

I like Towns a lot, don't get me wrong. I would of taken him with the third pick. I just don't really see any of his skills being far above average offensively. Centers don't really get voted in on defense unless they're dominant or have very weak competition.

Guys like Winslow, Frank, Payne I can also see making a game or two having great years on winning teams. But I don't see perennial berths.

·
X-Mas Taker
8,947 Posts
okafor and that is it because he gets points , by year 3 he probably is a 20 and 8 guy

all stars down the road
mudiay
towns
rashad vaughn
and maybe russell...for some reason i get this evan turner vibe off him,
and a flyer on robert upshaw who clearly has the ability but has been immature to this point.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Guards reach their stat peak earlier, so Russell and Mudiay may have the best stats in 3 years, maybe good enough to be selected. If Towns develops quickly on offense, he could get in within 3 years as well. Probably none will be all-stars that soon though.

Barring serious injuries I could see 6 or 7 players from this draft making it to the All-Star game at least once.

I could see Russell, Towns, Mudiay, Porzingis, and Okafor making multiple all-star appearances. I think Winslow and Hezonja both have a good shot. At least one or two players will surprise everyone to get in, and possibly one or two of the seven I mentioned will disappoint.

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I like Knicks #4 pick

1 - 20 of 21 Posts