Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'll start from the bottom instead of top.......

the young talents........

jalen rose..richard hamilton...tim thomas......no offense here but if he was given enough playing time watch out

latrell sprewell.....why everyone forgot him ?
rashard lewis......yup the young kid of the sonics
jerry stackhouse......
wally scerciabiak.....why not.....
eddie jones......
steve francis......
cuttino mobley......
antawn jamison.....yup your soon-to-be super star
stromile swift....hey if vin baker can be in the olympics
why not him ??

kenyon martin.......
antione walker.......
glenn robinson.......
lamar odom.....if hes injury free.....
darius miles.....oh plz...this kid has talents way too much
talents....just need to learn how to shoot.....
rasheed wallace.....oh yeah nobody is more deserving......
sam cassel......
mike bibby......
jason terry......

did i left anyone off ?? i mean not to name those
super mega stars......

·
Registered
225 Posts
I guess it depends on whether or not we actually want to win the tournament. Those guys would have been less impressive than the actual team we sent!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey dont get me wrong talents alone dont quite win games for you as evident in german national team. all they have is nowitzki thats all and most of the rest guys cant even make a juco team and those 2 teams who beat argentina dont have a super star at all.well they have one if you count ginobili as a super star which i dont think hes nearly as good as pierce or finley and yugoslavia have just one super star in peja and 4 decent players in divac radmanovic and jaric. and spain have only pau gasol and a bunch of hard working men with no super individual talents. so its not about "TALENTS".....its about fundamentals and executions of defense....fundamentals and all aspects of game its about knowing how to play as a team..those argentina....yugoslavia team beat us not through 'IMPRESSIVE TALENTS"......they simply beat us as a team and schooled us about how to play as a team
GOT THAT !! enough said

:upset:

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Like hell tallent doesnt win games. Look at pervious dream teams. The most tallent teams ever created. I blame all of this on coach Karl. There was no coaching, he just let them go out there and do there thing. Might as well have not even had a coach. He did it to the bucks, now he did it to Team USA. George Karl is the worst coach in history. Hes laughing all the way to the bank though since hes also the highest paid coach in history.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
There is no Dream Team

There is a US national team, but no Dream Team. The Dream Team was the first team to use NBA players. After that they may have used the name, I don't really remember, but they weren't the dream team. In case you haven't noticed, their jerseys don't say anything about a dream team, they just say USA. Also, there are only 5-10 players in the league right now who really belong on a dream team if you were going to make a new one today. Shaq, Garnett, McGrady, Kobe, Kidd, Mourning, Vince, Ray Allen, Payton, Webber, and Pierce are the guys that I can think of. That is 11, so I guess 5-10 may be a little low, but under no cercumstance should Rashard Lewis or Stromile Swift be even considered among the Dream Team discussions, neither one is at the level where they are the very best at their position, and the very best is all we should be sending.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Originally posted by <b>FOREVER_BEST</b>!
hey dont get me wrong talents alone dont quite win games for you as evident in german national team. all they have is nowitzki thats all and most of the rest guys cant even make a juco team and those 2 teams who beat argentina dont have a super star at all.well they have one if you count ginobili as a super star which i dont think hes nearly as good as pierce or finley and yugoslavia have just one super star in peja and 4 decent players in divac radmanovic and jaric. and spain have only pau gasol and a bunch of hard working men with no super individual talents. so its not about "TALENTS".....its about fundamentals and executions of defense....fundamentals and all aspects of game its about knowing how to play as a team..those argentina....yugoslavia team beat us not through 'IMPRESSIVE TALENTS"......they simply beat us as a team and schooled us about how to play as a team
GOT THAT !! enough said

:upset:
Those teams were talented, you just didn't know about their players. They didn't beat us because they excecuted better or played better defense, they beat us because they actually cared. The US team(which is NOT THE DREAM TEAM) didn't give a rat's *** about the tournament.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts