Votes: 0 0.0%

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Atlanta is 11 - 62 so far with 9 games left, with how many wins do you think are they gonna finish?

Tue 5th vs. New Orleans
Fri 8th @ Toronto
Sat 9th vs. Minnesota
Mon 11th vs. Charlotte
Wed 13th @ Charlotte
Sat 16th vs. Chicago
Sun 17th @ New York
Tue 19th vs. Detroit
Wed 20th @ Philadelphia

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
They can win 4 of those if they play competitively and healthy but maybe they can get 2 wins.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
I say they win one more. Maybe tonight.

They will be competitive for 3/4 of the game in all of them, but fall apart at the end.. like always..

·
Registered
9,855 Posts
I think they finish with 13 wins.

Less if they totally tank, maybe more if someone pulls a Bobby Sura in the last couple of games. Atlanta really needs the top pick though, so the more losses the better I guess.

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
Atlanta could use the top pick but with that lotto it's not as fun. Atleast in football you can tell when teams are playing for that locked top pick. My example for the 49ers last season. They cut everyone and just waited to win the top pick. To bad in basketball you can go 0-82 and pick 4th lol.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Scinos said:
I think they finish with 13 wins.

Less if they totally tank, maybe more if someone pulls a Bobby Sura in the last couple of games. Atlanta really needs the top pick though, so the more losses the better I guess.
If it's a guy like Josh Smith or Josh Childress pulling a Bobby Sura, nobody will complain. If it's a guy with no future, like Tony Delk or Tyronn Lue, then yeah that would suck. But Bobby Sura upped his play the entire second half of the season, same for Stephen Jackson, this year everyone has just played bad year round, didn't matter which Month.

Josh Childress is averaging over 18ppg for his last 5 games. He is becoming one of my favorite players.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
I wonder if Al Harrington will play in any of the games for the rest of the year? He obviously has been banged up the past 2 weeks

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
I can't understand any reasoning to push himself to play at this point if he is really hurting.

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
Another factor might be that Mike Woodson called him out for not playing hard, after the loss to the Clippers. I think Al Harrington is going to shut it down for the season. That's one of the reasons Al was never a favorite of mine in Indiana (and why I was so happy about the Stephen Jackson trade), he takes games off.

The Hawks are playing so bad that they could easily lose the rest of their games, but with two more games against Charlotte I say they finish with 12 wins.

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
I think the Hawks might be able to win one of the games agains the Bobcats if they play hard, but the others seem unlikely.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Kunlun said:
I think the Hawks might be able to win one of the games agains the Bobcats if they play hard, but the others seem unlikely.
Most of the Hawks losses have been in the 4th quarter, but we kept up with the other team in the first three quarters. I think that's due to a young a team, and due to being a team that lacks firepower (talent).

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
On second thought... If Harrington is out for the season then It's going to be hard getting a win in the 4th quarter.

·
Registered
10,047 Posts

Go Hawks!

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Hey man.. We gotta take one for the team..

25% odds at the #1 pick, right?

Why do we always get top 3 picks in bad drafts.

This year is not that great, and then the last time we had a top 3 pick we drafted DerMarr Johnson and then traded Gasol away. Why can we never get a LeBron or Howard? Not fair

·
Registered
10,047 Posts
Well they'll have 12 or more.

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
Congratulations on your win against the Wolves. Come to think of it, I think you guys might win agains the Knicks too.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Is it just me or does it seem like Hawks play the same without Al than with Al.

It's like there is no drop off.

It's weird.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Maybe it's because the coach doesn't know what he's doing by subbing all the lazy guy in and the good guy out ? :cheers:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts