Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to know how many dyed-in-the-wool, myopic, reality-challenged, rose-colored glasses, uber-homer Blazer fans are in here??

Come out of the closest and identify yourselves!!

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by <b>Hap</b>!

The *Portland Trail Blazers* are bigger than the 12 men who put on the jersey.
Amen! This is about an institution!

(hmmmmmm.....is it wise to use the words "Blazers" and "institution" in the same sentence?) ;)

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
I'll agree there. I didn't expect the team to be terribly successful this season. I like watching them either way. They are my team after all.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm here. A fan of the Portland Trailblazers. I still watch every game. My expectations are very low this year, so a win is real nice. It's hard to believe that we've become one of those teams that are so bad. It happens to all franchises in every sport.

I'm not a fan of players, but a fan of the team.

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
I'm a Blazer fan and always will be, but I'm not "myopic" or "reality-challenged," and I don't wear "rose-colored glasses." Not sure what you're trying to get at, ABM, but I AM a die-hard fan.

The Trail Blazers have disintegrated into a stinking mess this year. I'm just holding my nose and riding this out. Better days are ahead.

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by <b>Talkhard</b>!

.....Not sure what you're trying to get at, ABM, but I AM a die-hard fan.
Just fishing for positives. :yes:

·
Registered
704 Posts
I've been a fan since this teams inception. I'm still here, in spite of the pain. How many websites have we evolved through since O'live turned to trash? I lost count.

gb

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by <b>graybeard</b>!

I'm still here, in spite of the pain.
I hear ya. ;)

Just remember, too, there's sometimes pain in surgery.

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
I'm a Blazers fan in the long-term sense of the word. I've been a fan since the '77-'78 season (when I discovered basketball at the age of 9) As long as there is an NBA team here in Portland that bears the name "Trail Blazers", I'll be a fan. I'm just not a fan of some of the players on the current roster.

Losing doesn't bug me nearly as much as team-mates fighing amongst each other on the court, in the locker-room, or at the practice facility. Losing doesn't bug me nearly as much as players getting arrested for drug possession, violence, or driving without license/insurance. Losing doesn't bug me nearly as much knowing certain players just don't give a damn. And losing doesn't bug me nearly as much as the embarrassment brought on by all of the above.

I'll never stop being a fan just because the Blazers are losing. But if they fail to address the underlying character problems over the next few seasons, they'll lose me.

PBF

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
If you're still posting here, you gotta be a fan. Unless you're a spammer... You're not a spammer are you?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts