Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Resigning Matt Bonner is definately going to be one of Rob Babcock's top priorities this off-season.
How much do you think the Raptors will end up paying him?

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
I can't see him earning as much as Alston, who signed a modest but long contract. Matt's never going to start on this team unless we suffer a lot of injuries.

I can see him getting $10M for four years (1.75, 2.25, 2.75, 3.25).

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
Maybe the negotiating table could be like that Seinfeld episode...

Rob: "Matt, we are prepared to offer you free sub sandwiches at any Mr. Sub location in Canada, and--"
Matt: "Deal!!!!!"

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
speedythief said:

Rob: "Matt, we are prepared to offer you free sub sandwiches at any Mr. Sub location in Canada, and--"
:rofl:

I remember that.. Great episode.
The longer the contract is, the less likely chance there will be of Matt saying no.

·
Registered
80 Posts
When I think of the deal Bonner might get, I think of Brian Cardinal's huge deal from last season. Cardinal is a better ballhandler, and a better all around player than Bonner, but I see Matt in the same model as Brian.

I can't wait to see the glorious day Bonner resigns with the Raps, I think that he'll get a decent deal. He's the new JYD for us Raptors fans. He's the new fan favorite, hard-working, blue-collar player and I think he's great for the team and the city.

·
Fear The Red
8,910 Posts
speedythief said:

that would be great the only downside is like kramer he would over use his power and come into camp overweight

1 - 7 of 7 Posts