Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the Kings-Lakers series Chris Webber scored 24.3ppg shooting it at 51% and had 10+ boards a game, but when the game was there to be won, didn't show up. Anyone know how I can get his 4th quarter stats for the series?

Conversely, Mike Bibby scored 22.7 ppg at 44% and took all the Kings big shots. I'd love to see Bibby's 4th quarter stats as well, which I think would prove that the Kings, in the playoffs at least, are Bibby's team now.

Also, how disappointing was Webber's FT% for the series? 45%. Funny to see Shaq handle the pressure so much better than C-Webb. Shaq shot FT's at 63%

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Shaqs big toe said:
In the Kings-Lakers series Chris Webber scored 24.3ppg shooting it at 51% and had 10+ boards a game, but when the game was there to be won, didn't show up. Anyone know how I can get his 4th quarter stats for the series?

Conversely, Mike Bibby scored 22.7 ppg at 44% and took all the Kings big shots. I'd love to see Bibby's 4th quarter stats as well, which I think would prove that the Kings, in the playoffs at least, are Bibby's team now.

Also, how disappointing was Webber's FT% for the series? 45%. Funny to see Shaq handle the pressure so much better than C-Webb. Shaq shot FT's at 63%
maybe NBA.com might have them by quarter.

As for the numbers? They don't lie - BUT there are NOT enough numbers for other key categories in basketball to EVER tell the complete story.

·
Site Founder
15,518 Posts
This has been the rap on Webber's entire career, that he isn't the "go-to guy" when needed.

At the end of game 5, Webber didn't appear as if he wanted to take the shot...looking for anyone but himself...Bibby stepped up and sank it.

I don't know if it was all the grief he got for that that made him take that open 3 in overtime yesterday, but that is clearly out of Webber's range...then again, it almost went it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts