Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the balance to their rotation, Aldridge and Lillard are both high quality offensive players, Batum/Matthews provide quality wing defenders who will knock down threes, with Robin Lopez doing the dirty work. Mo Williams off the bench is a nice piece not only because he can give them a spark plug but also keeps a system in place when he spells Lillard, Thomas Robinson can be a hustler.

They even have the assets to make a move, for example they should be a contender for Asik when that time comes.

I'm not sure how good exactly they can be, but they are playing so well right now.

·
Premium Member
118,623 Posts
I think they're going to be a great regular season team who flames out in the playoffs. I can't see them beating the Spurs, Clippers or Thunder in the playoffs. I think they could struggle against the Warriors and Rockets, too.

·
Premium Member
100,006 Posts
Only problem with what you said is that Robin Lopez doesn't really do the dirty work very well. He gets torched almost every night when the opponent has a capable big. I do like Portland though, they could win the West.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Premium Member
100,006 Posts
I think they're going to be a great regular season team who flames out in the playoffs. I can't see them beating the Spurs, Clippers or Thunder in the playoffs. I think they could struggle against the Warriors and Rockets, too.
I like Portland more than I like the Clippers as a playoff team. L.A. is too soft and doesn't have a good enough half court offense IMO.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Restore the Roar
7,387 Posts
Yeah I don't see the Clippers being an issue for them either. San Antonio and OKC are the biggest threats - they have playoff experience, both have been through some absolute battles and know what it takes. GSW is a threat to absolutely every team in the NBA in the post-season, with their shooting they can absolutely catch fire and run through a team although I'm not sure if I believe they can do it for more than a series or two at this point.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts