Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How tall is Kevin Garnett. REALLY?

Ok, its widely known heights/weights in the NBA aren't consistent at all.. Garnett is listed at 6'11, Duncan at 7' -- and I coulda swore Garnett had at least an inch on him when those two teams played the other day.

Can't they just measure everyone and make people like me who look at the little things happy?

Haha

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Re: How tall is Kevin Garnett. REALLY?

Originally posted by <b>jcs83md</b>!
Ok, its widely known heights/weights in the NBA aren't consistent at all.. Garnett is listed at 6'11, Duncan at 7' -- and I coulda swore Garnett had at least an inch on him when those two teams played the other day.

Can't they just measure everyone and make people like me who look at the little things happy?

Haha
Garnett looks to me to be legitimately 7 foot. I think Duncan might be a little under 7.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree with that.

I think Duncan is about 6-11 while Garnett is probably 6-11 3/4 or something like that. Ahh one of the many mysteries of the NBA.

·
do better
41,522 Posts
I agree with what was said earlier...he's definetly taller than Duncan, who's really around 6'11..

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Re: Re: How tall is Kevin Garnett. REALLY?

Originally posted by <b>JNice</b>!

Garnett looks to me to be legitimately 7 foot. I think Duncan might be a little under 7.
Posture. Duncan's mother never told him not to slouch.

I bet KG is 7-2. And Duncan is 7-0. KG definitely grew after he came into the league.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Garnett is 7'1". He wanted to be listed at 6'11" because he didn't want people to think of him as a center. I don't know what Duncan is, but I know for sure that Garnett is 7'1".

·
4,361 Posts
My estimate is Duncan is about 6'10.5" and KG is about 6'11.5" at the most (without shoes). I guess he would be 7'1" in the right shoes.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Yes Garnett is taller then Duncan. Duncan came into the league more developed at an older age. That has been his height since. KG has grown...

-Petey

·
Registered
493 Posts
Garnett is 6' 9" 1/2

Yesterday while playing against the Pistons Garnett looked quite small next to Okur, who is listed at 6' 11"

So figure it out for yourselves.

KG's 7 foot myth is finally resolved. Not even close to 7

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
I've played against Tyson Chandler 2-3 times. Hes atleast 3-4 inches taller than me and I was measured at 6'8. Chandler and KG standing next to each other look about the same height. You do the math and dont be silly.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts