Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I think the magic can make the finals next season if they make these 2 trades, do some signing, resigning, and resigning(retiring)

They need to resign FA's Pat Garrity and Monty Williams. They can let Hudson walk cuz now they have Vaughn.

The resigning needs to be done by Horace Grant and Patrick Ewing. There doing horrible and should just call it quits.

The 1st trade the magic need to make is:

Orlando trades: PF Don Reid (3.3 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 0.4 apg in 10.5 minutes)
C Andrew DeClercq (2.7 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 0.4 apg in 10.4 minutes)
Orlando receives: PF Danny Fortson (11.2 ppg, 11.7 rpg, 1.6 apg in 28.8 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +5.2 ppg, +6.4 rpg, and +0.8 apg.

Golden State trades: PF Danny Fortson (11.2 ppg, 11.7 rpg, 1.6 apg in 28.8 minutes)
Golden State receives: PF Don Reid (3.3 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 0.4 apg in 68 games)
C Andrew DeClercq (2.7 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 0.4 apg in 61 games)
Change in team outlook: -5.2 ppg, -6.4 rpg, and -0.8 apg.

And the magic could throw in a 1st round pick, maybe the Kings' one they get next yr.

The magic would do this cuz they get a great PF and only lose Reid, Declerq and a 1st round pick which they have lots of.

The Warriors would do this cuz they lose Fortson who they wont need cuz they have Dunleavy now and pick up players with 1 yr left on there contracts which would free up cap space for them. Also they get a 1st round draft pick

The 2nd trade they need to do is:

Olando trades: SG Jeryl Sasser (1.4 ppg, 1.0 rpg, 0.3 apg in 5.1 minutes)
Steven Hunter (3.6 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 0.1 apg in 9.7 minutes)
SG Mike Miller (15.2 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 3.1 apg in 33.7 minutes)
Orlando receives: C Nazr Mohammed (9.7 ppg, 7.9 rpg, 0.4 apg in 26.4 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -10.5 ppg, +0.8 rpg, and -3.1 apg.

Atlanta trades: C Nazr Mohammed (9.7 ppg, 7.9 rpg, 0.4 apg in 26.4 minutes)
Atlanta receives: SG Jeryl Sasser (1.4 ppg, 1.0 rpg, 0.3 apg in 7 games)
C Steven Hunter (3.6 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 0.1 apg in 53 games)
SG Mike Miller (15.2 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 3.1 apg in 63 games)
Change in team outlook: +10.5 ppg, -0.8 rpg, and +3.1 apg.

The magic would do this cuz of there need of a center and they wont need miller cuz hill should be healthy and humphrey is gonna be his backup. They wont need Sassar cuz of Vaughn and Hunter sucks.

the hawks would do this cuz they get miller, a pg whos showed some promise(his performance in the summer league), and a center who could become a backup center in a yr.

The players the magic need to sign are:
Olumide Oyediji
Mario Kasun
Ryan Humphrey
Charles Oakley
Smush Parker

The 02'-03' lineup for them would be

C- Nazr/Oakley/Kasun
PF- Fortson/Garrity/Olumide
SF- Hill/Humphrey/Bucheler
SG- Tmac/Monty
PG- Vaughn/DA/Smush

What do u guys think of this????

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
It would be fantastic if we could get Fortson for Andrew DeClerq and Don Reid. I'm not sure if the contracts match up. Or why Golden State would want to do it unless Reid and DeClerq both have ending contracts.

I think 3 players is a lot to give up for Mohammed. He is good, but I dont think he is as good as people seem to think. I still hate giving up Mike Miller. I think if Orlando gives up Miller, they should try and get more than just Mohammed back.

But those are some pretty decent trades.

I like them both as long as Hill is healthy.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
declerq and reids contracts do matchup with Fortsons and both their contracts end after next season.

i think 3 players is alot for just mohammad, but 2 of the players r busts. plus adding another player wouldnt work capwise unless u substituted bucheler for hunter. then the magic could get chris crawford along wit nazr for miller, sasser, and bucheler(contract ends after next season).

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
I think it is WAY too early to call Steven Hunter a bust. He is a legit 7-footer with very good athleticism.

And he is still only 21 yrs old. Big men rarely develop good skills at that young of an age. His muscles and strength need to mature.

Orlando didnt originally draft him for him to become a huge factor right away.. then decided to throw him into the starting lineup.. I think that was a bad decision.

Sasser on the other hand.. should have never been drafted. Terrible pick.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it is early to call him a bust but how long can we wait till he develops?? he showed nothing last season and so far has showed nothin in the summer league. i know he got hurt but he played some games in the Orlando Pro Summer League without injury and with significant minutes and showed nothing.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Steven Hunter

He's going to be 21 years old in the upcoming season, meaning that he would have been a college senior at DePaul. I thought when Hunter was drafted that he would be a 3-4 year project, and that projection hasn't changed. He's never going to be a star, but I think he can become a solid starting center in the NBA. Give him a year or more to add strength and develop basketball instinct (especially at the offensive end) and then judge his progress and worth to this team.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts