Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know its really early in the season, but in the West conference utah would be the 3rd seed. they need to change they seed the teams.

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
FlyingTiger said:
i know its really early in the season, but in the West conference utah would be the 3rd seed. they need to change they seed the teams.
It goes 1,2,3 in each confernce, and the rest is decided by records. What is wrong with that?

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
I guess the thread starter wants it to be based on record solely, though I like the way it is now, since it always works out toward the end of the year for the most part.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
It's kind of pointless because the divisions really don't mean anything. Every team in a conference essentially has the same schedule. You play almost everyone in your own conference 4 times (4 teams you only play 3 times) and everyone in the opposite conference twice.

If they want to make a division title mean something they need to go to unbalanced schedules.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Mike luvs KG said:
It's kind of pointless because the divisions really don't mean anything. Every team in a conference essentially has the same schedule. You play almost everyone in your own conference 4 times (4 teams you only play 3 times) and everyone in the opposite conference twice.

If they want to make a division title mean something they need to go to unbalanced schedules.

I would like to see that....it makes it much more fun, cause there would be more rivalries in the nba, such as the nfl...

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Mike luvs KG said:

I see your point and I've had that thought before, but the current setup makes division games more meaningful and therefore you get more hard-fought games. I wouldn't mind them unbalancing the schedule.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
^Yep. A little thing called rivalries.

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
the nba seeding is the worst thing in the sports history.

How does the 6th best team in the conference rank at 3rd?

It is cheating in public.

·
Registered
681 Posts
No it's not ballscientist. In the playoffs whichever team has the better record gets home court advantage anyways, so no problem there. I really don't see where the problem lies.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it is crap, lets say a divison winner finishes with a record of 42-42. they would get the 3rd seed. lets say the mavs win 57 games and the spurs have 58. how can a team that is better by 15 games be seeded lower the the other. like last year then houston had to play the mavs in the 1st round. dallas had 58 wins.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
I said this before, but it bears repeating. Someone like Dallas could have the 2nd best record and someone like Houston could have the 3rd best record in the conference and meet in the first round.

That's not good for the game.

Unbalanced schedules are needed and playoff seeding by record only is needed.

Division titles should guarantee playoff berths, but not where you are seeded.

It's so simple, yet the NBA won't do it. If you have the 8th best record in the conference and you win your division, you should be the 8th seed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts