Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trade? or wait for him to be a free agent? who else would be going for him?

I would trade Our first this year (top 4 possibly better) bonner and or ewil for tj, and their first next year (or dan\mags i'd rather dan wouldn't kill our cap)

the bucks are an injury away from being outta the playoffs next year i think.

there pick next year could end up being oden.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
556 Posts
JuniorNoboa said:
They do have Maurice Williams - I think we are likely to get Maurice Williams then say a T.J Ford. Williams is a good player... but is he more of a James type?.
Mo Williams is definately not the pass-first type of PG that BC is looking for.

I'd much rather try and swing a deal with Seattle. Try and grab Wilcox (sign-and-trade) and Ridnour for whoever we pick with our first, James (S&T), and a filler like Bonner or Sow. Ridnour is a good pass-first PG who can shoot as well, while Wilcox has been a beast since he's been unleashed in Seattle (15 pts and 8 rebs a game).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,077 Posts
We should trade our pick and Mike James for TJ and whatever the Bucks would give us.

Or
Charlie V
2006 1st rounder
Mike James
(throw in Hoffa if theyll take him)

for

Magloire
Ford


To me this trade is more than fair for the bucks, and it makes sense for them.
The raptors would actually have an alright team.
We could add some more swing type players through the draft next year.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
17,596 Posts
mo76 said:
We should trade our pick and Mike James for TJ and whatever the Bucks would give us.

Or
Charlie V
2006 1st rounder
Mike James
(throw in Hoffa if theyll take him)

for

Magloire
Ford


To me this trade is more than fair for the bucks, and it makes sense for them.
The raptors would actually have an alright team.
We could add some more swing type players through the draft next year.
Why would we want to give up Charlie V, when we can get Magloire when he's a free agent one year later?
Giving up James, Villanueva and a top 5 pick for TJ Ford and a guy we can sign in the off-season is definately not worth it IMO.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
503 Posts
charlie V >> magloire (youth, passing, scoring vs better rebounder)
tjford >= james (one's a better scorer, the other a better passer, but tj is younger). so that's already uneven.
and you want to throw in a high lotto pick ?!? that's just crazyness

mike james (s&t) + lotto 1st + Araujo for TJ Ford + Magloire

Will the bucks want mike james though ? Maybe just like Rafer came back a 2nd time for us, the bucks may want mike james back a second time for them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,253 Posts
I don't think that the Bucks want to trade Ford but a top 5 pick would really get them thinking. Bell and Williams are really playing well and that 5th could get them a nice young PF, which they really have no other way of obtaining. They are deeper at PG than any other position, other than C of course (damn it chaps my *** to write that another team is DEEP at C), so losing a quality PG to fill another hole won't hurt them too much.
I would like any deal with Milwaukee to include Gadz. If we give them a Bonner, perhaps they would be happy to do it for us. You never know, they could be trying to clear salary to keep Mags around next summer (just dreaming really). But if we can get Gadz in the deal with Ford that would be great. We'd still have capspace to sign a C in the offseason, leaving our lineup to look like this:

PG-Ford, Calderon, Barrett, D-Mart (how can you say no to D-Mart?)
SG-Peterson, Graham
SF-CV, Graham
PF-Bosh, Gadz, Sow
C- Capspace, Gadz, Hoffa

That lineup looks good enough for 7th or 8th seed next year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,899 Posts
shookem said:
Yes, you're missing some form of dementia that allows some others to believe the Bucks would even think about parting with TJ Ford.
Most definitely.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,253 Posts
Do you really think it's dementia if someone thinks a top 5 pick could pull Ford away from a team with 2 other quality guards?
In the 2004 Draft, Dallas traded away Antawn Jamison for the fifth pick, let's review:

2004 draft=2006 draft in terms of quality players, no Howard at 1 this year but otherwise equal
Antawn Jamison>>TJ Ford

To review further with Icehawk's idea of 5th and Bonner for Ford and Gadz
5th pick 2004 draft= 5th pick 2006 in terms of quality
Antawn Jamison=5th pick 2004 draft
Antawn Jamison>>TJ Ford so: 5th pick 2006>or=TJ Ford
Bonner<Gadz, but Bonner's contract<Gadz's contract (and shorter)
Is this deal really so ridiculous as to label it as a demented idea?

Basically, the 5th pick in 2004 netted the Wizards an allstar in Jamison, why is it so demented to think that the 5th pick in 2006 could net us TJ Ford?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,253 Posts
^^^^^
Looking at the Bucks salary situation. They have Redd on a max contract and Simmons on a big stinker. Mo Williams(UFA) and Ford(RFA) will be FAs next season, along with Mags. After next season they only have 4 players under contract for about $35 million. Lots of roster space to be filled with not so many dollars to do it with.
-They will lose one or two of Williams and Ford and get nothing in return next offseason, most likely Ford if they get outbid by one of the many teams shooting for capspace in 2007
-I would think it would be good for them to get a nice young PF to put in next to Bogut and have them develop as a tandem for the future.
-This draft has many nice, young PFs who will be available at the 5th (Bargnani, McRoberts would both be good fits for this team depending on desired team style)

I think the Bucks could be persuaded.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,077 Posts
changv10 said:
charlie V >> magloire (youth, passing, scoring vs better rebounder)
tjford >= james (one's a better scorer, the other a better passer, but tj is younger). so that's already uneven.
and you want to throw in a high lotto pick ?!? that's just crazyness

mike james (s&t) + lotto 1st + Araujo for TJ Ford + Magloire

Will the bucks want mike james though ? Maybe just like Rafer came back a 2nd time for us, the bucks may want mike james back a second time for them.
well, why would the bucks want mike james when they could just sign him this year^^^^^
there is no way that your trade would ever happen

I think that charlie V is great.
Maybe i got a bit carried away with throwing that draft pick in but there is no way the bucks value mike james or araujo at all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,253 Posts
I think that trying to score Mags and TJ Ford is really a stretch. Or just dumb if you want to trade away CV to get him here.
In 2007 Mo Pete needs to be resigned, Calderon is a FA and Bosh will be extended. To bring both Ford (RFA 2007) and Mags (UFA 2007) and have to resign all those people in one offseason would be a disaster.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
456 Posts
Team Mao said:
Do you really think it's dementia if someone thinks a top 5 pick could pull Ford away from a team with 2 other quality guards?
ford is the heart and soul of that team...look at their record in his rookie yr and look at the following yr when he was injured...that should explain everything right there...

unless you guys want to include bosh for some ford + other package, you can forget about getting tj...its a pipe dream...as unbelieavable as it is for some of you to hear, cv for ford would absolutely not get it done from a mil. point of view....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,204 Posts
no_free_baskets said:
ford is the heart and soul of that team...look at their record in his rookie yr and look at the following yr when he was injured...that should explain everything right there...

unless you guys want to include bosh for some ford + other package, you can forget about getting tj...its a pipe dream...as unbelieavable as it is for some of you to hear, cv for ford would absolutely not get it done from a mil. point of view....

umm no, Bosh should fetch us both Redd and TJ in my opinion, Bosh is on another level then TJ, no comparison there, i think truly CV should get ford here, and the 5th pick is prolly enough to get him, do the 2003 draft again and TJ prolly wouldnt even go in the top 5. But how is TJ's defense? i havent seen him play very much and i want player who play Defense on thsi team, in case you havent realised we suck at that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
456 Posts
adhir1 said:
umm no, Bosh should fetch us both Redd and TJ in my opinion, Bosh is on another level then TJ, no comparison there, i think truly CV should get ford here, and the 5th pick is prolly enough to get him, do the 2003 draft again and TJ prolly wouldnt even go in the top 5. But how is TJ's defense? i havent seen him play very much and i want player who play Defense on thsi team, in case you havent realised we suck at that.
obviously bosh is at another level then ford? what is your point?

top 5 pick doesnt get it done in this weak draft...sorry, i have to disagree...besides the 5, the 1 spot is the hardest spot to fill out...i mean how long have the raps been looking for a pg? ask yourself that...there arent any surefire prospect at the spots that they need that would justify trading ford for a top 5 pick...

mil. has 4 bigs already that are unhappy with their playing time, so they're about to add a 5th guy to the mix at the expense of the arguably their most valuable player on their team?? doesnt make a lot of sense....

oh and lol at not realizing this team cant defend...ive only been saying all season long??!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,253 Posts
no_free_baskets said:
obviously bosh is at another level then ford? what is your point?

top 5 pick doesnt get it done in this weak draft...sorry, i have to disagree...besides the 5, the 1 spot is the hardest spot to fill out...i mean how long have the raps been looking for a pg? ask yourself that...there arent any surefire prospect at the spots that they need that would justify trading ford for a top 5 pick...

mil. has 4 bigs already that are unhappy with their playing time, so they're about to add a 5th guy to the mix at the expense of the arguably their most valuable player on their team?? doesnt make a lot of sense....

oh and lol at not realizing this team cant defend...ive only been saying all season long??!
Your posts make it sound like Ford is an allstar PG, he's good but not THAT good. As for heart and soul of the team. Are you serious? The most valuable player on the team? Questionable with the play of Williams and Bell this season. Even ahead of Redd who was given a near-max deal lsat year, near-max deals usually indicate a feeling of value to the team.

4 bigs unhappy with playing time? Bogut is young and developing, he'll get more next season. Magloire is a rent-a-tutor, he'll be gone next season. Smith, ha! Gadzuric, he has legitimate complaints. So when Smith and Magloire are gone, who will be Bogut's frontcourt mate? A draft pick, wait they don't have one. A FA, oh wait no capspace coming up for quite a while. So who? Perhaps they do have a need to fill in the frontcourt, maybe it would be wise for them to look to the future of that position. But that's just me.
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top