Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to hear what you think his numbers will look like in Portland?

I'm guessing 17 and 6 a game.

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
See my post about his numbers vs KG and Duncan. He also beat the Nuggs twice. And beat the MAVS tonight.

·
Registered
51 Posts
shareef always put up around the 19/8 area..since he's rookie year/both wit the grizz & hawks he always put numbers around there..thats one of he's pros & cons..

the positive part of it for the blazers is they'll know wat they will get out of him nite in & out..contrast this wit sheed.

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
we now have 2x 20-10 guys on the team

although SAR is a little less than that... 19.9 - 9.4

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
I am very interested to see how SAR does without the ball in his hands... with Damon and ZR, he's just not going to get as many shots as he has recently. Well, last year with Atlanta Terry and Big Dog were a fair approximation of those two, I guess, and he still got his shots off, but he was doing so from the 4 spot, because Robinson could spread the floor from the 3 position.

It will take a bit of time to integrate SAR, and at the 3 spot he's almost certainly going to struggle defensively. Rebounding he should still be solid, although that will eat into ZR's numbers, and offensively hopefully he can stay close to 48%...

Ed O.

·
Sincerely, Derrick Rose
3,012 Posts
If his scoring is going to decrease I think it will be because of his playing time and who's the team's focus on scoring. It doesn't matter whether Shareef is playing in the East or in the West. He'll still be able to put up 20-10 type of number. But, if his scoring really decreases, I'm not surprised. Shareef is such an unselfish player. After 8 years of losing with 2 different teams. I don't think he minds sacrificing his role with the Blazers. This is the closest he ever been to the playoff.

I'd say 16 ppg at worse and 8 rpg

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
Reef is a solid 20/10 guy (slightly below 10 rebounds, but close enough, as his scoring is slightly above 20pts for his career). He's also capable of having a breakout game any given night. You never know when he's gonna score 30+pts and grab 15+ rebounds. I think coming back west, he'll move back to his original postion: SF. He used to play SF back in vancouver, I would know, but since the east is so undersized he's been playing mostly PF in the east.

Reef has a nice midrange game. He can shoot anywhere from 20 feet in, and even hit the occasional 3's(he's not as good as Sheed at 3's but he's capable of hitting them). He also has good speed for a PF, since he used to play SF and all. He's bulked up a bit, but I think that will only help his rebounding rather than slow him down. His dribble is not bad for a SF, and good speed(not fast, but good). He is a solid player. He'll do everything right in a game.

I say if we can move him to the SF position beside randalph, and have Theo play C, we have a great front court. I see 16-17ppg, 8rb, and 3-4 ast.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts