Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finding Kidd decent rest (wo/ giving away the game) seems to be a constant issue for Frank and the Nets. I saw he played 45 minutes against the Knicks, and that's just too much, IMO, both for an individual game, and for the longterm effects over the course of the season. How would YOU deal w/ Kidd's minutes?

I would be sure to get him a full 6 minutes of rest every first half (more if things were going well for the Nets), most likely bridging the 1st and 2nd quarters. Then I'd try to do the same (or a little less (say 4 minutes bridging the 3rd and 4th)) in the 2nd half. Frank seems to really like to play the starters for most of the 3rd, and they often respond w/ a big run, but I'd temper it w/ a decent break.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
SeaNet said:
Finding Kidd decent rest (wo/ giving away the game) seems to be a constant issue for Frank and the Nets. I saw he played 45 minutes against the Knicks, and that's just too much, IMO, both for an individual game, and for the longterm effects over the course of the season. How would YOU deal w/ Kidd's minutes?

I would be sure to get him a full 6 minutes of rest every first half (more if things were going well for the Nets), most likely bridging the 1st and 2nd quarters. Then I'd try to do the same (or a little less (say 4 minutes bridging the 3rd and 4th)) in the 2nd half. Frank seems to really like to play the starters for most of the 3rd, and they often respond w/ a big run, but I'd temper it w/ a decent break.

This team is so incredibly thin, it is nearly impossible to limit Kidds Minutes without a huge drop off while hes out.

I would rest him the same way you suggest above. I am excited for next year when the team will always be able to have at least 2 of the big 3 on the court at the same time.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
I think it'll be possible with RJ next season to cut him minutes by 10 per game, if not more. RJ will provide another option, which we sorely lack when either Carter or Kidd head towards the bench.

-Petey

·
Banned
7,719 Posts
I believe Roland Ratings are valid for one player per team. For the Nets, that player is and will always be Jason Kidd, whether or not they have Vince Carter here.

·
Registered
110 Posts
the rest of this year is gonna be brutal on Kidd as long as the Nets are still contending for a playoff spot.

With Vaugn out, Kidd is gonn have to do even more, especially on the defensive end.

Unless the Nets go on a skid, Kidd will probably be up in the range of about 40 mins per game.

·
Registered
668 Posts
horrible_person said:
Unless the Nets go on a skid, Kidd will probably be up in the range of about 40 mins per game.
He played 45 minutes on both nights of a back to back. I have a feeling that Frank will continue this until the season is over, or until Kidd gets badly injured, whatever one comes first. This is quite a risk, though. I wonder if Frank even remembers that this guy had serious surgery nine months ago. Or maybe he doesn't care.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts