Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
67,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 4 best players on this team are locked up for 3 more years at enough money to put them over the cap with no one else under contract. What is the ceiling of the Zach Randolph, Marc Gasol, Rudy Gay, and Mike Conley core?

How do you feel about the job Lionel Hollins has done with this team?

It appears as of now that the Grizz have locked up Marreese Speights and Darrell Arthur to 2-year deals. Is that a championship bigman roation?

Can Tony Wroten be a solid back-up PG in this league?

Could there possibly be an amnesty candidate on this roster if things don't go well this year?

Did you agree with the decision to let OJ Mayo walk?

Would you consider trading Rudy Gay at this time? If so, what would you be trying to get back for him?

Should Memphis bring back Gilbert Arenas as a bench scorer? If so, what's the most you would pay him?

Would you use your tax payer MLE on a wing player or possibly a back-up PG to bolster this roster? If so, who would you target?

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/memphis.htm

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
The 4 best players on this team are locked up for 3 more years at enough money to put them over the cap with no one else under contract. What is the ceiling of the Zach Randolph, Marc Gasol, Rudy Gay, and Mike Conley core?

They'll never be favorites to get out of the West, but if you put decent role players around them they should be dark horse candidates to hit a hot streak and shock some people every year.

How do you feel about the job Lionel Hollins has done with this team?

That Clippers series was a massive disappointment, but the last two years have probably been the best two years of Grizzlies basketball, so I can't really agree with anyone who thinks he should be on the hot seat.

It appears as of now that the Grizz have locked up Marreese Speights and Darrell Arthur to 2-year deals. Is that a championship bigman roation?

With Gasol and Randolph? It could be, if all the chips fell right. I doubt it, but it's not entirely impossible.

Can Tony Wroten be a solid back-up PG in this league?

I don't know enough about him

Could there possibly be an amnesty candidate on this roster if things don't go well this year?

Only if Randolph completely loses his mind, but even then I doubt it. They still have to pay the guy, and I doubt they're going to be big players in free agency, so I think they roll with the main guys they have now.

Did you agree with the decision to let OJ Mayo walk?

Conley's extension necessitated it. Once it became clear that they were going to have three max guys on the roster, they could only keep one of Conley and Mayo. Tony Allen's arrival bailed them out of a potentially tough spot.

Would you consider trading Rudy Gay at this time? If so, what would you be trying to get back for him?

I'm not actively shopping him. They're in win-now mode, so whatever move you make has to make you better now, not be for a 20-year old who might be good but might flame out.

Should Memphis bring back Gilbert Arenas as a bench scorer? If so, what's the most you would pay him?

Nah, he can go.

Would you use your tax payer MLE on a wing player or possibly a back-up PG to bolster this roster? If so, who would you target?

Whether you even use it all depends on who wants to come to town. Jodie Meeks would fit nicely as a guy to stretch the floor off the bench, and with Dragic newly signed in Phoenix, you might be able to get Aaron Brooks if you threw the whole exception at him with a player option for a second year.

·
Welcome to the Grindhouse!
19,803 Posts
Looks like the Grizz are having an exceptional offseason. Probably could use one more plugger inside. Hopefully someone better than Haddadi.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts