Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Administrator
67,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of course the Heat don't exactly need a lot of fixing. Congrats to them on winning the championship!

I don't think anyone disputes that Ray Allen was a good signing, but did it address a real area of need?

Is Dwayne Wade still in his prime? Can he continue to compete at a high level despite his nagging injuries?

What does Rashard Lewis have left in his tank to bring to this team?

Would Arnett Moultrie have made this team and contributed had he not been traded? Was a lottery protected 76ers pick good value for him?

Did the Heat win the championship because of Erik Spoelstra or despite him?

Will Shane Battier continue to play like Finals Shane Battier or will he revert back to his regular season form from last year?

Does this team still need to add a true center or can they continue to win playing almost exclusively "small ball"?

Reports currently have the Heat looking at Anthony Tolliver, Joey Dorsey, and Grant Hill. Would you like to see any of them in a Heat uniform?

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/miami.htm

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
I don't think anyone disputes that Ray Allen was a good signing, but did it address a real area of need?

Yes. The Heat bench has always been somewhat suspect. Having the option of bringing Allen off the bench will be huge for them. Its not often a championship team gets better in the offseason.

Is Dwayne Wade still in his prime? Can he continue to compete at a high level despite his nagging injuries?

Past his prime due to injuries. He'll have a crazy night here or there where he takes over and destroys the other team, but I also think there's be a lot more shit games than you'd expect from a guy like Wade.

Doesn't really matter, but with the limited role he has I think he'll perform well.

Would Arnett Moultrie have made this team and contributed had he not been traded? Was a lottery protected 76ers pick good value for him?

He probably would have made the team due to the weak bench, that being said no one will miss the guy. They got good value considering.

Neither. They didn't win because of him, but they didn't overcome bad coaching or anything to win. Hes a good enough coach, but I don't believe he led Miami to the title or anything.

Will Shane Battier continue to play like Finals Shane Battier or will he revert back to his regular season form from last year?

Regular season Shane. But the knowledge that he can step up and have some big nights still will be a big confidence to the team.

Does this team still need to add a true center or can they continue to win playing almost exclusively "small ball"?

It would help, but obviously they proved they can overcome it.

Reports currently have the Heat looking at Anthony Tolliver, Joey Dorsey, and Grant Hill. Would you like to see any of them in a Heat uniform?

Grant Hill would be awesome for them, but that would create quite a glut of forwards on that team.

·
And Justise For All
64,271 Posts
Even though Riles said no one is getting amnestied, I think the ultimate cherry on top for this off season would be amnesty Miller, and sign Darko.

·
Wiltside
20,390 Posts
Yeah the only way Mike can help us is by getting back surgery, leading to a 2.9 mil exception. Not sure why Riles didn't have him getting prepped for it by the time they were on stage accepting the trophy. "Everyone gets champions shirts except Mike...here's your hospital gown."

·
Better Call Saul
13,184 Posts
Of course the Heat don't exactly need a lot of fixing. Congrats to them on winning the championship!

Sigh.

Absolutely; Ray addresses their need for a shooter off the bench better than anyone in the league. Fantastic signing.

He's no more in his "prime" than a guy like Kobe Bryant is. He's clearly on the downside of his career, but he's good enough that even while he's "regressing" he's better than all but 6 or 7 guys in the world.

Not a whole lot.

Who?

Despite. But he was decent in the finals, I'll grant him that much.

Revert. He's only human.

They can win with this formula as long as they don't play a true five in the playoffs. Had Dwight gone to Brooklyn, he would have presented problems. So would a guy like Andrew Bynum, or even Roy Hibbert (assuming he continues his development). But fortunately for Miami, most contenders don't have a guy like that.

Stay the **** away from Grant Hill

·
2012 & 2013 NBA Champions
26,553 Posts
Then again, you can never have too many shooters. Mike proved his worth in Game 5 - I dont mind keeping him around for another season.

Is there a cut off date for the amnesty?

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
Teams have until 5PM Tuesday

·
And Justise For All
64,271 Posts
^ 06 Finals tape.

·
Wiltside
20,390 Posts
Shane Battier ‏@ShaneBattier

The only place I'm running is my butt up and down that court for two more years. RT @TSTF: @ShaneBattier gonna run for office one day?
Just in case anyone was wondering how many more Batti-boy years we had left.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts