Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Seeing that we're coming up to the end of January, and the Lakers are still below .500, there is that chance that the Lakers will not make the playoffs. I think they will make the playoffs, but if they don't, how would you all feel about it? I know I wouldn't be too happy if the Blazers weren't in the playoffs, ruining their 20 year streak of making the playoffs.

Any comments are appreciated. Thanks.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
I wouldn't be too surprised.

But I would be REALLY REALLY PO-ed.

·
Registered
10,030 Posts
I would run as fast as I can until my heart stopped beating. NOT!

I'd really just look forward to next year, and prepare myself for the load of hater that will surely be teasing Laker fans on this site.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
I cannot see the Lakers not making the playoffs - I mean, come on! I think either Utah or Minnesota will go out of the race and the Lakers will be in the playoffs.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
If the Lakers didn't make the playoff's??

If the Lakers don't make the playoff's, I will be very disappointed. I would like to see them defend their triple-crown, not roll over and just give it up. During the off-season, I expect Kup to make some changes in upgrading their roster in start of a new begining. Kobe's just getting better every year and Shaq needs to come in healthy and in top shape. Continue to build around those 2 with youth and young veterans.

On the other hand, I'm not giving up.
I'm still confident they'll make the playoff's and make it very intresting for their opponents.
Just as long as they Defend what they've own for 3 years and compete for the 4TH :yes:

·
Premium Member
9,371 Posts
I am sure the Lakers will make the playoffs aswell but if they didn't I would not go to school in hopes of avoiding the ridiculing.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm so ready for the Lakers roster to be revamped that I don't know if I'd be very disappointed if they didn't make the playoffs.

I see two positives that could come out of that situation...

1. A lottery pick that would give the Lakers some young talent that could be developed in time to be Kobe's running mate when Shaq retires. I don't think they've found that player yet, and it's better to find him sooner than later.

2. It would feed Shaq a nice big serving of humble pie. This guy has been laid up every off-season for the last 3 years and comes in overweight. Losing may be the only thing that will motivate this guy to come into camp nearer 315 lbs.

·
Registered
58 Posts
my reaction? i would defintely not be surprised. in fact i'll really be happy,.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Loyalty4Life</b>!
Seeing that we're coming up to the end of January, and the Lakers are still below .500, there is that chance that the Lakers will not make the playoffs. I think they will make the playoffs, but if they don't, how would you all feel about it? I know I wouldn't be too happy if the Blazers weren't in the playoffs, ruining their 20 year streak of making the playoffs.

Any comments are appreciated. Thanks.

I want to say I like your avatar alot. It's great.

I'd be surprised if they weren't there. Dissapointed as well, because I believe the champ should always defend the title. I think they'll make it though.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Originally posted by <b>KABI</b>!
I am sure the Lakers will make the playoffs aswell but if they didn't I would not go to school in hopes of avoiding the ridiculing.
If you live anywhere near T-Dot you'll hear my ridiculing!!!

However, I have a feeling the Lakeshow will make the playoffs...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts