Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question for you Mavs fans:

Is Howard the Mavs second best player now behind Dirk? The dude is tough to guard on offense (can slash and good jumper) plus he plays terrific D. On top of that he gets all those boards.

Is it time to phase out Finley who only takes jump shots so that Howard can get more minutes?

·
do better
41,522 Posts
Well Howard and Finley start at the 2 and 3 ,so playing time isn't an issue.

I think right now, as good as Howard is for us, Jason Terry is still our second best player. He's a solid veteran who's been just that--solid for us this season. He's been hitting the three, he's done better than I expected as a Point Guard, and he's helped bring the D to Dallas.

Howard is close though. He's probably 3rd or 4th, I'd have a tough time between him, Dampier, and Finley.

·
Say Cheese
3,842 Posts
Howard can be the 2nd best player on the team on nights, but he is also wildly inconsistent.....As much as I don't want to admit it, Michael Finley is the most important player on this team behind Dirk. Especially with Stack out, if Finley isn't hot from the perimeter, this team becomes very one dimensional, and thus we are easier to stop. When Finley is feeling it, like he was against Cleveland, we can beat anyone in the NBA......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts