Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm listening to sportstalk 980 here in Northern VA and the most recent update said that Larry Hughes will be out 4 to 6 weeks b/c of his wrist ... This news is bad b/c the Wiz have been showing just how good the team can be @ full strength ... I'm guessing Dixon will get the first shot at SG but i have my doubts about him. He is a SG in a PG's body ... and is usually overmatched when playing against the better SG in the league. This will definitely give the reserves more time to play ... I expect the minutes will increase for Blake/Knight b/c i think that Arenas might play some SG ... and more time for Jarvis/JJ b/c maybe Stack will play some SG too ... This is disappointing news to me b/c I felt like Hughes got the most benefit of playing w/ Arenas and Stack and the last few games he had stepped up his play.

·
Registered
996 Posts
hey it wont be horrible, it's really not big of an offensive loss since we have guys who can pick up his scoring.

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
Atleast he isnt injured with Arenas and Stack out.

·
Registered
313 Posts
My guess is that Stack would play SG and Jarvis would slide back in at the 3, but Scott Jackson of 980 just said Arenas is volunteering to move to the 2 and Brevin Knight would start at the point. An interesting idea. Really, can we catch a break? We had the whole squad together for only 3 games!

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Originally posted by <b>alchemist</b>!
My guess is that Stack would play SG and Jarvis would slide back in at the 3, but Scott Jackson of 980 just said Arenas is volunteering to move to the 2 and Brevin Knight would start at the point. An interesting idea. Really, can we catch a break? We had the whole squad together for only 3 games!
That's honestly an idea that crossed my mind, except I pictured Blake starting. By the looks of things he is the one the team has dubbed the backup point, so I figured he'd be the one to start. Either way, it's not a bad idea depending on the matchup.

I'm expecting a lot of lineup shifts depending on the opponent. EJ hasn't been one to stick to a lineup, and this injury (more than our others) opens up a lot of possibilties. It'll probably go by matchup, and the people that get the minutes will be whoever is playing hot.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Juan is good enough defensively and offensively to start so they should have him. The moving Stack to 2 and having Jarvis at 3 is also a good idea. I don't like the brevin knight or blake starting idea thing.

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
I say keep Blake and Jarvis with the second unit. Both need to establish themselves in a role, without disruption, so we can get our second unit in order. Hopefully Juan can tailor his game to play with the starters like he did the other night, and adjust to being the 3rd to 4th option, rather than gunning it on the second unit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts