Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
1.7%
7,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CHICAGO -- Lindsey Hunter got up Saturday morning and walked around the house.

"Click. Click. Click,'' was a sound he heard. His wife, Ivy, wondered what it was.

"It's ridiculous,'' said Hunter, the Chicago Bulls guard who is the NBA's oldest player at 39. "When I got up and started walking around, my ankles click when I walk. My wife asked, 'What is that.' I said, 'It's my ankles.' Seriously, my ankles click when I walk. You can't recover (at his age) the way you used to.''

That's one reason Hunter said in an interview with FanHouse he expects to retire after this season. Hunter, who was brought back for a final year primarily to serve as a mentor for Chicago's young players, realizes the NBA is no place for 40-year old guards.

"It is unless something drastically changes,'' Hunter, a 17-year veteran, said of this being his final NBA season.

Later, after Hunter was asked if he was pretty sure this is indeed his final season, he said, "Yeah.''
http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/02/06/chicagos-hunter-ready-to-retire-after-this-season/

·
Registered
368 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. However, if Brown is the reason for Roses shot development then it would be good to keep him b/c I don't think Lindsay could help much with that aspect of Roses game. What about an assistant coach for player development?

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. However, if Brown is the reason for Roses shot development then it would be good to keep him b/c I don't think Lindsay could help much with that aspect of Roses game. What about an assistant coach for player development?
After hearing Hunters comments on Tyrus I think the guy should be given a job as a low end assistant coach, hes pretty much done so the past couple of years. He did not openly defend or bash Tyrus, the way he handled it was very professional and sounded like a guy who knows what hes talking about.

I hope he stay's on once the new regime comes in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts