Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Don't forget the turnover:)

Not a bad idea to give this kid some playing time against a team like the Cavs especially when Lebron isn't shooting that well.

Originally posted by <b>aquaitious</b>!
0 Seconds 1 rebound. nice vs th best rebounding team.

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He was scared. You could see he had butterfly's.

BJ a rebound is a rebound, the ball would have gone through anyone else's hands. :p

Now he needs some time in the 2nd half...in the 3rd with a few minutes to go....rest some players, plus make him do something positive. I think the butterfly's are gone.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Originally posted by <b>h180ys</b>!
He's bigger than Boozer. But Boozer looks more muscular. Great game today. I enjoyed every minute of it. Ain't leave the building until the final buzzer just to see my man Hunter.
I think Hunter is more muscular. Boozer is a little taller, but Hunter is wider.

I just hope Hunter gets minutes because I love to watch him work on the offensive glass. As Chris Wallace said, whenever you miss a shot you are running a play for Hunter.

I hope O'Brien will use Hunter in the upcoming games against Houston, because I do not think that McCarty or Michael Stewart can handle players like Cato, Taylor and Weatherspoon. Bount and Mihm are going to have their hands full with Yao Ming.

·
Registered
16,817 Posts
Let's just hope that we don't give up on Hunter and give him a chance unlike Danny Fortson. Hopefully Hunter can match Fortson's rebounding skill. They have a similar game, because they both rebound at a high rate.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Obrien on why Hunter played:

``We were getting annihilated on the glass and we had a little bit of foul trouble at the center spot,'' O'Brien said. ``They were pounding us, so I went with a guy that I knew would at least knock somebody down from a standpoint of rebounding the basketball.'' . . .

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Originally posted by <b>theBirdman</b>!
Obrien on why Hunter played:

``We were getting annihilated on the glass and we had a little bit of foul trouble at the center spot,'' O'Brien said. ``They were pounding us, so I went with a guy that I knew would at least knock somebody down from a standpoint of rebounding the basketball.'' . . .
Talk about damning with faint praise. Hunter also had a nice basket and a nice assist. He didn't knock anyone down, but no one knocked him down, either.

I'm glad Jumaine Jones reinjured his shoulder, because now Obie will have to use Brandon whether he wants to or not.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Big John</b>!
I'm glad Jumaine Jones reinjured his shoulder, because now Obie will have to use Brandon whether he wants to or not.
Is he the most injury prone guy in the league? I guess Ainge loves these injuryprone players (JJ, Lafrentz).
Well, I dont know how much JJ`s injury will help Hunter`s minutes, but I sure hope it will. On the other hand I would much rather see McCarty out for a week or so!

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Oh, man, I would hope I'd speak for all that we would be THRILLED if he turned out to be like Boozer. Boozer is only in his 2nd year and is a rebounding machine, tearing it up. Hunter was a 58 pick to get that kind of quality that late would be terrific, I just don't know if he'll ever get a chance to show us what he can do, we can't even get our other first rounder off the bench. Poor Kendrick & Brandon:sigh:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.