Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bulls win the draft lottery and get the #1 pick in the 2004 Draft. What do you do? Has to be a strong perimeter player that we could get for that pick. That would seem to be the obvious choice to me. A lot of teams will want Dwight Howard. Get the best SG/SF you can get.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Originally posted by <b>basghetti80</b>!
Bulls win the draft lottery and get the #1 pick in the 2004 Draft. What do you do? Has to be a strong perimeter player that we could get for that pick. That would seem to be the obvious choice to me. A lot of teams will want Dwight Howard. Get the best SG/SF you can get.
This is an easy one. Take Emeka, trade Chandler or Curry for a SF/SG. Okafor is far ahead of where either of our bigs are right now.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Re: Re: Hypothetical question?

Originally posted by <b>rlucas4257</b>!

This is an easy one. Take Emeka, trade Chandler or Curry for a SF/SG. Okafor is far ahead of where either of our bigs are right now.
Not fair,u hit the reply button Faster...

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
I would trade the pick plus AD, and ERob and Chandler to the Hawks for Their pick, Ratliff, Abdur Rahim, and Diaw.

I would then select Okafor or best available.(at worst Atlanta is the number 4 pick).

Because you know Atlanta is desperate for Howard. And they don't want SAR.

So I'd have:
Hinrich
Diaw
Rahim
Okafor
Ratliff
WOW WHAT A DEFENSE!
With Curry's scoring off the bench. Or I would start Curry and have Ratliff on the bench. Depending on my offensive needs.

And I could still resign Crawford if push came to shove, and bring Diaw off the bench. Which if you started Rahim, Curry, and Crawford would allow Crawford to play the SG as the third option.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would be okay with trading Curry after selecting Okafor if we could get a quality SF like say Mike Dunleavy, Jr in a trade for Curry. Throw in a JC,Erob for Daniels,Frahm,Potapenko and I really like the team we would have.

Hinrich,Daniels
Gill,Frahm
Dunleavy,Dupree,Pippen
Chandler,JYD,Blount
Okafor,Davis,Potapenko

·
Registered
24 Posts
Originally posted by <b>basghetti80</b>!
you take emeka and trade chandler, his back is scaring me

·
Registered
29 Posts
Y couldnt we try playin chandler or okafur at the SF position ? and just have a big front court that could be pretty domanint

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Okafor can't play the 3, doubtful Chandler could either.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Traneo03</b>!
Y couldnt we try playin chandler or okafur at the SF position ? and just have a big front court that could be pretty domanint
Okafur is more a C then PF,and NO WAY he can play the SF(unless u're being sarcastic and i'm just stupid?)

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Re: Re: Hypothetical question?

Originally posted by <b>rlucas4257</b>!
I'm convinced Chandler should be the guy too. His back really worries me, and you're right, theres a ton of guys who play his type of game. Theres not too many who do it as well as him, but we could find a Wilcox type guy to do a sufficient job if need be. Plus I think if Curry is surrounded by players who have excellent work ethics, like Hinrich and Okafer, he might turn it around a bit. Those two guys have been winners all their life, and know what it takes. They will push Curry to be much better, or Curry will collapse.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Hypothetical question?

Originally posted by <b>John The Cool Kid</b>!

I'm convinced Chandler should be the guy too. His back really worries me, and you're right, theres a ton of guys who play his type of game. Theres not too many who do it as well as him, but we could find a Wilcox type guy to do a sufficient job if need be. Plus I think if Curry is surrounded by players who have excellent work ethics, like Hinrich and Okafer, he might turn it around a bit. Those two guys have been winners all their life, and know what it takes. They will push Curry to be much better, or Curry will collapse.
I don't know about this one.
While EC's problem is clearly in the head,TC's problem is with his body.we'd have to wait and see if TC can return to his game and develope.he played great on the 10 or something games he was back.

I don't agree about the ton of players like TC though,u just Don't get guys his size that can move there feet as he does.The Admiral was a 7-1 guy that could move,and really didn't have many ofensive skills,and still got 30 points avg one season.
I know i'm in a minority,but i think TC has got even bigger potential then EC,and this kid plays to win.the only concern about him is his back,and i guess it is a very big concern.if he could fix that,keep him.

I also think Emeka will play C in the league,and thinking of him and of a frontline of him and TC - that can form the best shotblocking team in the league,and shotblocks change the game.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Originally posted by <b>bullet</b>!
I don't agree about the ton of players like TC though,u just Don't get guys his size that can move there feet as he does.The Admiral was a 7-1 guy that could move,and really didn't have many ofensive skills,and still got 30 points avg one season.
Robinsons rookie year, he averaged 24 pts, 12 rebounds and almost 4 blocks. I'd consider Chandler to have been successful if he gets the 12 rebs and only 3 blocks. Realistically, Tyson will get 15-20 ppg in his prime years at best. 15/12/3 from Tyson would be realistic and living up to potential. Those numbers are nowhere near Drobs though.

Like I said, Tysons probably the best in the league for his type of player. But there are ton of guys his type who could do a servicable job. Guys like Kenyon Martin, Stromile Swift, Chris Wilcox, Nene, Amare. All athletic energy players who have limited offensive moves but score on athletic ability.

Eddy is a rare type though, 7'0 280 wide frame huge build with great offensive game doesnt come around very often. An athletic, energy filled rebounding power forward comes around a lot, they are a dime a dozen.

Right now its Tyson that has to go, ATLEAST until his back is completely healed. Curry getting in shape is something we can fix even though it may be hard, Tysons back may be something that simply will not go away.

Curry could score as well as Chandler in his sleep, and if Okafor is next to Curry then that would hide Currys lack of being able to rebound and play defense well. Okafor and Chandler would be a hell of a defense, but not much offense. If that was the combo we got, then we'd have to keep JC and trade Curry for a great offensive player.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
The Admiral was what - 25 when he entered the league,so it's a completely different story,just in turms of body and Raw ofensive skills.

I agree his back is a concern,but if he comes through he'd be a 12 rbd,3 blk player,a big IF.he got 10.3 rbds and 1.3 blks in 28 minutes+13 pnts at 50% fg,and that with pain in his back.

I agree EC's body is not a thing u see everyday(for the matter,TC's body either),but his problem is in the head,and we'd have to wait and see which is more cureable - EC's head or TC's back.the best senario for us is both,though i believe head problems do not go away,while back problems might by working on some bulking up and flexibility.

An athletic, energy filled rebounding power forward comes around a lot, they are a dime a dozen.
U can say that about 6-5 athletis SG's as well,and put KOBE and adrian Griffin in the same group.
it depends on many things,and i think TC is a diamond in the group of dimes,but thats me.
I respect your opinion and understand your point,and at this point I'm not sure i'm willing to give up neither.now,if we pick Emeka,it's a hole new story...

Kenyon Martin, Stromile Swift, Chris Wilcox, Nene, Amare
all great,but all 6-9/10 while TC is 7-1.so that alone takes him out of that dozen(my wife says 5 inches more r a big difference)

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Tyson doesnt have the offensive ability the admiral had. Tyson will be lucky if he ever develops that kind of offensive game. Then you have to look at strength, Robinson is ripped. Tyson would have to spend an enormous amount of time in the weight room to get like Drob.

I dont see Tyson doubling his point average, more than doubling his block average, grabbing 2 more boards a game, and putting on 15-20 pounds in the next 3-4 years.

I think a more realistic comparison would be Dikembe Mutombo because neither Mutombo or Chandler have great hands making it hard for them to ever become offensive threats, they are just finishers. Mutombo in his rookie year, was like 24-25 years and averaged 17 pts, 12 rebs, and 3 blocks. Those are numbers I could see Tyson putting up by that age.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Originally posted by <b>bullet</b>!
(my wife says 5 inches more r a big difference)
:laugh:

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Dikembe Mutombo is also stronger,but so much slower.
and i bulked up about 15-20 pounds easily between 21 to 25,only not muscles sadly.TC has not reached his Phisical prime yet.

Trade idea -

EC trades 15 pounds to TC and wer'e good to go.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Its way easier to gain weight in fat. Gaining 15-20 pounds in muscle is not easy. If Tyson hit the weights, he could definetly do it theres no doubt. The problem is, if he could have bulked up, he probably would have already. Some guys just dont like lifting weights.

Mutombo was slower, but longer arms and was 30 pounds stronger in muscle. Plus his on the ball defense is WAY better than Chandlers, Tyson gets most of his blocks on help.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Tyson doesnt have the offensive ability the admiral had.
I dont know about that.The Admiral did not have any ofensive game at the beginning,only in his 3rd year he started making some back to the basket postups.and he wasn't as strong his 1st year.I remember watching him come back to one of the seasons and say WOW-he has bulked up.The Admiral was a grown up enterring the league who worked hard before nba,and gave up 2 years of big money in the league for the Navy(no restricted rookie contracts then),TC has good character(not like David),but did yok in his life before nba - its a big difference.

what i hope John is 3 years from now we talk on the web and u tell me - "see,EC is like ShaQ",and then i tell u "see,TC is like the Admiral",the sad part of this story is it would probably be after we trade them for Kwame or something...

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
I have no doubts Chandler will be a very good player if his back heals up. I change my mind a lot, but I've been settled on this decision for awhile. I think the Bulls should hold onto all their young guys until atleast November of next season UNLESS Okafor is available to us in the draft. In that case, I think we should decide on either Tyson or Eddy to trade for a good starting SF. If Okafor is not available, then I'd trade our pick for a worse pick and try to get another solid player, then draft the best SF available at the pick we traded for.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts