Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We dropped Dickens and even Carroll so we can put Slavko Vranes on our team. Completely retarded move, Dickens was doing well in the time given. We would be much better off if we had Trader Bob ri now. We better get something good for Sheed, we shoulda traded him for Bosh when we had the chance.

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
Id rather play Varnes than Stepania or BB...

I am mad we waived Dickens though...but Carroll was not that good.

Varnes didnt look bad at all tonight

·
Registered
259 Posts
I agree with the steps management has taken, they are logical and follow the 25 points outlined to begin the season.

I do believe nash has a plan and is sticking to it, i admire his patience and think our faith will be rewarded by summer 2005.

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Stallion</b>!
I agree with the steps management has taken, they are logical and follow the 25 points outlined to begin the season.

I do believe nash has a plan and is sticking to it, i admire his patience and think our faith will be rewarded by summer 2005.
So Dickens and Carroll were bad characters? If so why did Nash et al. sign them in the first place?

barfo

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
None of the players you mention

Mean squat. None of them are difference makers, nor will ever be difference makers from the looks of it. The ones I am angry about are guys like Richie Frahm, who is lighting it up in Seattle.

·
Player Salary Geek
4,380 Posts
It was a financial move, plain and simple.

Contracts become guaranteed after the 10th.

Vranes is only on a 10 day contract.

Dickens and Carroll can be signed to 10 day deals as well, now that they've cleared waivers. I wouldn't be surprised to see one or both of them signed in the next day or so.

Or the team could look elsewhere, too. It's simply a case of two guys who weren't getting PT, just filling up roster spots. The franchise might decide that one or both is worth keeping for future development, or might just let them go somewhere else where they might get more PT.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
hasoos- I disagree about the waived players. While neither will ever be a mainstay, a good bench is always coveted. I think both of them can play limited, but meaningful minutes and especially Dickens can be a solid role player in the NBA. To dump them for a 7'69" stiff that can't tie his shoes makes no sense at all. I also appreciate the econimics of it all, but when one considers value for the buck, why not carry the minimum contracts for the rest of the year?

[sigh] Nash & Patterson are somewhat of a disappointment.

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
I agree that Nash and Patterson have been a disappointment (so far), but I don't think that Carroll and Dickens together amount to a hill of beans. Each of them were available for any team in the NBA to pick up for months before the Blazers did, and each of them remained unclaimed.

It will be interesting to see what team, if not the Blazers, signs them to 10 day contracts.

Much like Mamadou N'diaye, players at the end of the bench are a dime a dozen, and if the team has nothing invested (like a 2nd round pick and a couple of years of practice, as with RBB) then there's limited risk in simply letting them go and going fishing for improved pickups.

Vranes might be an improvement or he might not be, but I don't blame the team for trying something new in hopes of locating something worth keeping.

Ed O.

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
So, you guys would rather have kept a clow white dude who cant do anything but shoot 3's over a 20 year old 7'5 guy.

I dont understand this? Slow people who can shoot 3's are a dime a dozen, but how often does a 7'5 20 year old fall into your lap. I dont care how slow he is, he is 7'5. He is 20. His contract is cheap. He has oldy been playing a few yeard of B-Ball.

At this point we should look to potential over uslessness. Which is what Carroll was. He was useless with the addition of Person.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts