Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
next to Kirk but be a backup to him. I think Jamal and AD for Finley and some change or Eddie Jones or something like that is going to happen where Kirk and Jay play next to Eddie Jones for example.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Jwill and Kirk can be our starting backcout. Its a bigger backcourt then a handful of backcourts league wide. I think it could work.

·
X-Mas Taker
8,947 Posts
why would dallas want davis ?

didn't they turn it down before in fact i remember Cuban laughing at the thought.

plus you want them to swap finley for crawford...you do know they are trying to win THIS YEAR they dont want to develop anyone

·
X-Mas Taker
8,947 Posts
Originally posted by <b>rlucas4257</b>!
Jwill and Kirk can be our starting backcout. Its a bigger backcourt then a handful of backcourts league wide. I think it could work.
who out of those 2 gards opposing shooting guards

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Originally posted by <b>happygrinch</b>!

who out of those 2 gards opposing shooting guards

Kirk guards the better of the 2 opposing guards. If Philly can get away with a 5-11 Iverson and NO can get away with 5-10 Wesley at the 2, then we can get away with a 6-1 Jwill

·
X-Mas Taker
8,947 Posts

Kirk guards the better of the 2 opposing guards. If Philly can get away with a 5-11 Iverson and NO can get away with 5-10 Wesley at the 2, then we can get away with a 6-1 Jwill
snow and baron can defend 2's very well

i've seen no evidence to think kirk can do the same in fact its been pretty clear he cant

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
I wouldn't play the two together in the same backcourt unless it was in stretches.

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts

Wesley is at least 3 inches taller than AI and is a very strong player, that being said in those 2 situations those teams can get away with it because of 1 Snow being 6'3 and is a great man defender on top of being physically strong and 2 with AI's quickness. New Orleans can because both Davis and Wesely are strong as ox's plus Davis is quick. Kirk doesnt have the strength or the speed of any of the 4 men mentioned above and Jwill's speed will be a mystery until hes finally healthy if ever. Arent they about to terminate his contract anyway?

·
Registered
8,211 Posts

snow and baron can defend 2's very well

i've seen no evidence to think kirk can do the same in fact its been pretty clear he cant
Kirk is every bit as good a defender as either of those guys. he certainly can. The point is, people put too much weight on size. Utah made TWO finals only FIVE years ago with Stockton and Hornacek. And Jwill and Kirk are slightly bigger combined

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BEEZ</b>!

Wesley is at least 3 inches taller than AI and is a very strong player, that being said in those 2 situations those teams can get away with it because of 1 Snow being 6'3 and is a great man defender on top of being physically strong and 2 with AI's quickness. New Orleans can because both Davis and Wesely are strong as ox's plus Davis is quick. Kirk doesnt have the strength or the speed of any of the 4 men mentioned above and Jwill's speed will be a mystery until hes finally healthy if ever. Arent they about to terminate his contract anyway?
So iverson is 5-7?

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts

So iverson is 5-7?
No Iverson isnt 5'7 but Wesley isnt 5-10. I would honestly say hes 6'0 1/2 and AI was closer to 5-10

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Wesley is listed as 6'1" on the Hornets site. Besides, Baron is a very strong and physical PG at 6'3". Anyhow, isn't Wesley only starting because Courtney Alexander is out?

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
Originally posted by <b>sp00k</b>!
Wesley is listed as 6'1" on the Hornets site. Besides, Baron is a very strong and physical PG at 6'3". Anyhow, isn't Wesley only starting because Courtney Alexander is out?
Nope. Courtney Alexnder could never supplant Wesley as the starting 2

·
X-Mas Taker
8,947 Posts

Kirk is every bit as good a defender as either of those guys. he certainly can. The point is, people put too much weight on size. Utah made TWO finals only FIVE years ago with Stockton and Hornacek. And Jwill and Kirk are slightly bigger combined
no he isn't those guys on some nights are stoppers ....who has kirk stopped ? in fact check a boxscore kirk's been getting lit up recently

baron outweighs kirk by 30 lbs plus he is more athletic

snow is simply a top defender in the league ,kirk is not in his league on that side of the ball

stockton and hornecek were all star calibur players who had the nba's all time best power forward on their team

and the jazz were usually torched at the 2 by good teams they just had enough firepower at other positions that they did just fine...the bulls dont have this luxury

·
Registered
8,211 Posts

no he isn't those guys on some nights are stoppers ....who has kirk stopped ? in fact check a boxscore kirk's been getting lit up recently

baron outweighs kirk by 30 lbs plus he is more athletic

snow is simply a top defender in the league ,kirk is not in his league on that side of the ball

stockton and hornecek were all star calibur players who had the nba's all time best power forward on their team

and the jazz were usually torched at the 2 by good teams they just had enough firepower at other positions that they did just fine...the bulls dont have this luxury
My point is that if you have the proper personell, why should it matter how big is your backcourt. In fact, Detroit won two titles with 6-0 Isiah and 6-2 Dumars. houston won a title with 6-4 Vernon Maxwell, and 6-3 Kenny SMith. Having a huge Jordan, Kobe like two is not a prerequisite to win a title

·
X-Mas Taker
8,947 Posts

My point is that if you have the proper personell, why should it matter how big is your backcourt. In fact, Detroit won two titles with 6-0 Isiah and 6-2 Dumars. houston won a title with 6-4 Vernon Maxwell, and 6-3 Kenny SMith. Having a huge Jordan, Kobe like two is not a prerequisite to win a title
but maxwell was a great defender and dumars was better than maxwell

kirk has done nothing to prove he is on their level as defenders

you are right size has nothing to with it if you are exceptional at defense ,but kirk isn't

·
Registered
6,992 Posts
I think because we're all Bulls fans we think that our:

Center has to be taller than 7ft
Power Forward has to be about 6ft 10in
Small Forward has to be about 6ft 7in
Shooting Guard has to be about 6ft 6in
Point Guard has to be 6ft 2in or less

just because these were the measurements we were all so used to when we were winning so we think thats how our guys have to be... which is not a bad thing to want... I mean these are about the standard heights at the position anyways....

·
Registered
6,992 Posts

but maxwell was a great defender and dumars was better than maxwell

kirk has done nothing to prove he is on their level as defenders

you are right size has nothing to with it if you are exceptional at defense ,but kirk isn't
I disagree with you, I think Kirk IS exceptional at defense...and the scary thing is he'll only get better

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Height doesnt matter that much in basketball. or atleast not as much as people on every bulls board wants to make it out to be. Washington was one title with a 6-7 center for instance. Chicago won 3 titles with a 6-6 PF. The lakers won 5 titles with a 6-9 PG. It goes in every way. moral of this post, put your best players on the floor irregardless of position. Thats always your best bet, and that was one thing BC never figured out and led to the Bulls perhaps not making the playoffs last year. How many wins would the Bulls have had if Jwill and JC played the majority of the minutes in the backcourt together last year? 5-12 is my guess

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Originally posted by <b>HAWK23</b>!
I think because we're all Bulls fans we think that our:

Center has to be taller than 7ft
Power Forward has to be about 6ft 10in
Small Forward has to be about 6ft 7in
Shooting Guard has to be about 6ft 6in
Point Guard has to be 6ft 2in or less

just because these were the measurements we were all so used to when we were winning so we think thats how our guys have to be... which is not a bad thing to want... I mean these are about the standard heights at the position anyways....
No, we think this because those were ideal sizes for the respective positions. The second 3 peat consisted of a 6'8" Rodman and 6'6" Harper playing the PG. The NBA has grown to be flexible in this regard, but generally bigger, faster, and stronger is always better. You can usually compensate for a lack of size with strength or speed, but sometimes it's much too difficult. Could Kirk contain TMac or Pierce or Carter or Lebron? Not very likely. And that's at least 16 games right there every year.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts