Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I did, but decide for yourself (http://www.basketballboards.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4254).

I'm here at the bequest of Louie on our Bulls board.

I think the Kings got jobbed much the way Larry Bird and the Pacers felt they did against the Bulls.

The series was horribly officiated and favored the team in a see-saw motion with a HEAVY edge to the Lakers.

Now, I saw this sort of thing happen when we were winning titles and didn't much care for it then either. Thats the truth.

But what I want to ask you guys, before you win the title next year is this. Would you prefer the system continue on as it is knowing you're probably about to become the beneficiaries of it (can you say Sac back-to-back or Sac three-peat yet?). Or would you rather see the star system ended now and take your fair chance along with everyone else?

And here are two other questions while I'm at it.

Can Bibby continue to play on this high level now or did he just rise to the occasion?

Could Christie have choked any worse when it counted any more? The guys is a key piece and he just didn't get it done.

Go Kings!

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Thanks for being here! This board has been really dead since the WCF, and I'm trying to pump some life into it. As far as the star system goes, personally i'd say keep it, but that they should try to be a little more objective. Obviously when you win and you establish yourself you're entitled to certain respect from the officials- that's the way it's always been, and to prove that your truly championship material you have to first overcome that. But just by virtue of his style of play, i think Shaq gets away with a bit more than Jordan did. But i don't think that the Lakers didn't deserve any of their titles or that they should have them taken away because every championship team has gotten respect from the refs. They've earned it. That being said, Game 6 was one of the most blatant examples of the stat system I've seen in a long time. As far as Bibby goes, I don't think he'll maintain that type of performance throughout the season, but I do think he'll step up and be more of a leader to this team. And no, I don't think Christie could have possibly choked any more.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Louie, you should be getting more traffic over here. The Kings are the team to beat this year. The Lakers supporting cast is pathetic and the Kings should already be wearing their first ring.

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Well, this is a prodominantly Lakers site. Thus, it is very hard to encourage Kings fans to come here.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Originally posted by DSB
Louie, you should be getting more traffic over here. The Kings are the team to beat this year. The Lakers supporting cast is pathetic and the Kings should already be wearing their first ring.
The reality is that they don't play the game on paper. Otherwise Portland would've had a few banners by now. Wouldn't you agree ? ;)

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Originally posted by DP

The reality is that they don't play the game on paper. Otherwise Portland would've had a few banners by now. Wouldn't you agree ? ;)
It's not just about talent. The Kings were the better team thorughout the entire series...

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Originally posted by KC

It's not just about talent. The Kings were the better team thorughout the entire series...
...to the Kingsfans or Lakerhaters. :D

In a long series, better team wins and they did.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Ok I'm just gonna close this thread for a while before it turns into another debate about whether or not the series was fixed. I think there are already a few threads for that- feel free to continue arguing there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.