Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
http://www.basketballboards.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4254

so I wonder if the Pacer fans could answer this.

I think the Kings got jobbed much the way Larry Bird and the Pacers did against the Bulls in the Eastern Conference Finals. That series was probably every bit as badly officiated as the Kings-Lakers was this year. Is that the impression you get or did the Lakers take it straight up?

What do you think of the 'star system'? What about the notion of 'right of passage'? I mean isn't the NBA admitting in a big way that it's got a PR problem when you have to have media witnesses watch the lottery balls so you can assure them Ming won't 'somehow' wind up in NY.

Until the NBA cleans up its officiating won't conspiracy theories about leaning towards the big markets always persist?

·
Chillin'
20,141 Posts
There is no conspiracy theory. Get over it. Shaq and Kobe whined their way into L.A. It's partially about the city. Vince Carter likes Toronto. Tracy McGrady likes home. And it's partially about the money. Rashard Lewis wants a max contract. So if a team is in a likeable city (Los Angeles), and has the money to pay great players (Shaq's contract), then they will sign those players and have a good chance at winning it all, and the Lakers are.

On another note, this has nothing to do with the Pacers. Thread closed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.