Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or getting KG is not really gonna help the nets
think about the nets would give to much just to get KG. Giving VC and RJ or VC and Kristic Illic and Parts is to much for a guy who will give rebounds put really isnt a post present

Are there any other people out there who just doesnt want Kg like me

I think getting a decent PF without trading any starter maybe except for Collins will make the Nets tittle contenders easy.

·
Registered
14,842 Posts
Exactly, you guys are giving up to much for KG. A guy like battie would do fine. We don't need a superstar.

·
Registered
976 Posts
jizzy said:
Exactly, you guys are giving up to much for KG. A guy like battie would do fine. We don't need a superstar.
Battie would hardly put us over the top

·
Registered
10,502 Posts
Sure, I don't think we really need KG.

Although we have KG, we are still killed by Pistons.

we must find a guy like PJBrown, J.Magloire, or Camby ...then we are really to be contenders.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I agree. It probably isn't going to happen. If it does, I'll deal with it then. But until then, I'm going to root for the players currently on the team. Isn't it harder to do that if you're clamoring to send them away?

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
pinetar said:
I agree. It's probably isn't going to happen. If it does, I'll deal with it then. But until then, I'm going to root for the players currently on the team. Isn't it harder to do that if you're clamoring to send them away?
No, I'm rooting for them to raise their trade value!

j/k

-Petey

·
Player
7,852 Posts
Gmister said:
I like Kevin Garnett, but I just want to give the big three a chance to shine.
shine howso? all perimeter players, no bigmen. getting a garnett would give you a chance to at least have a chance against the interiors of detroit, indiana and miami. as it stands now, there is no chance.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
KG sounds great but if we trade half the roster to get him then what's the point? Good luck to Rod trying to find a team that will trade a big to us that's worth anything this is like last year when we desperately wanted a big man so much so that we tried Elden Campbell (waste of time) and got Uncle Cliffy (which turned out ok). Now a year later we need a big man AGAIN six games into the season why couldn't they just sign one over the summer? instead they wait for the season to start without depth in the frontcourt but somehow expect to gain it. You would think team's constantly saying no to the Nets hopes of acquiring players they want would make them realize they have to fill the roster on their own. That Clippers pick is looking worse every day...

P

·
0 Posts
if we only had to give up VC or RJ for garnett, i wouldnt mind too much because they're not impressing me right now...any more then that and a scrap off the bench and a #1 pick then i wouldnt want kg...i wouldnt give up krstic or illic

im thinkin chris wilcox...he looks like he just needs playing time to become a good and consistent player, and it doesn't look like he'd be doing any good on the clips with elton brand there. and a 1st rounder for melvin ely? im glad the nets didn't do that...he hasn't really impressed me much to get that....im hoping maybe the bobcats would settle with a 2nd rounder and cliffy or someone like him...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts