Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And the referees swollowing there whistles, it just happened again in the Toronto, Lakers game if you didnt see it. I understand they want to let them play a little more physical=- but it seems the refs just decide that they ARENT going to make any calls in a last second posession

·
Hokeamaniac
5,775 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Marcus13</b>!
And the referees swollowing there whistles, it just happened again in the Toronto, Lakers game if you didnt see it. I understand they want to let them play a little more physical=- but it seems the refs just decide that they ARENT going to make any calls in a last second posession
Tell that to Detroit.

Then turn around and tell that to Memphis.

Both teams lost games where the refs should have swallowed their whistles.

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Re: I hate crunch time in the NBA

Originally posted by <b>jvanbusk</b>!

Tell that to Detroit.

Then turn around and tell that to Memphis.

Both teams lost games where the refs should have swallowed their whistles.
I saw the Memphis game

I didnt see the original Detroit one

·
Hokeamaniac
5,775 Posts
Re: Re: Re: I hate crunch time in the NBA

Originally posted by <b>Marcus13</b>!

I saw the Memphis game

I didnt see the original Detroit one
Well think the Memphis one, but think worse.

It 100% gave the game to the TWolves. If theres no call against Memphis, the game goes to overtime where the Pistons could have won anyway without the controversy.

Still, two horrible, horrible calls that should not have been made. Officials should let the players decide the game at the end.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Yea, that was terrible. Vince was mugged, you have to call something even if its a jumpball. There was too much contact for that to be a no call.

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Originally posted by <b>John The Cool Kid</b>!
Yea, that was terrible. Vince was mugged, you have to call something even if its a jumpball. There was too much contact for that to be a no call.
He was not "mugged".. Payton clearly had the ball tied up.. Maybe it was a jump ball.. Toronto had their chances to win, they didnt..

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Brian34Cook</b>!
He was not "mugged".. Payton clearly had the ball tied up.. Maybe it was a jump ball.. Toronto had their chances to win, they didnt..
If that was the case, a jumpball should have been called. The thread is about the refs swallowing their whistle down the stretch, which happened whether or not it was a foul or jumpball. It should NOT have been a no call.

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I thought the there was a foul on Fox too

·
Registered
115 Posts

Were you watching the same game the rest of us here were watching??? Were you able to watch it w/those glasses on??

Carter was nailed twice when he had the ball in the last possession. They showed the replay. It was obvious. Just as it was obvious that Fox & Payton fouled Carter sometime in the 3d quarter and they didn't call a foul but called a T on Carter for, shockingly, getting pissed off.

What makes me laugh is the Faker fans on lakersground or was it lakerstalk were whining that the refs were trying to help the Raps win.

So EVERYONE else must be wrong and Faker fans are the correct one? Yeah right!!!:rolleyes: :laugh: Lakers were handed that game because the League needs them to be in contention to get the $$$$$ and ratings.

To bad they won't win :laugh:

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Umm yes I was watching the same game as everyone else. Both teams had bad calls against em.. It was horrible officiating though. The only way the non-Laker fans are complaining is because it was one point and "it made the difference in the game" and they didnt wan't the Lakers to win, and the Raptors got "screwed".. Riight!

·
Registered
10,839 Posts
Originally posted by <b>NYKBaller</b>!
Let them play.....
Fouls are as much a part of the game as shooting. A player who fouls alot is considered a cheap player so how can you say let em play? Its like saying let them cheat and not play the game.

Sure they should let some stuff slide, but sometimes it changes the whole game.

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by <b>GEFBOGIE #17</b>!
Just like the cavs vs. Heat when wade got pushed out of bounds in the last sec, these refs are just to lazy to make the call so they can go home early.
yea dude, he got creamed

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
Brian34Cook, I think you are showing a little Lakers bias here. Even Shaq said in his interview that he felt bad for VC. He was fouled by Fox and the Jump ball from Payton and they didnt call it all. One of the worst officiated games in along time is what that was

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: I hate crunch time in the NBA

Originally posted by <b>jvanbusk</b>!

Well think the Memphis one, but think worse.

It 100% gave the game to the TWolves. If theres no call against Memphis, the game goes to overtime where the Pistons could have won anyway without the controversy.

Still, two horrible, horrible calls that should not have been made. Officials should let the players decide the game at the end.
The Wolves one wasn't worse. If they would've called a foul on Casssell right away like most Pistons wans wanted, there would've been 4 sceonds and the Pistons up by 1. If they would've called a foul on Kg, or a no-call. There would've been a 1 or 2 point Piston lead(after FTs) and the ball at midcourt for the Wolves. And with Sam Cassell and KG, there's a good chance that the Wolves still could've came back and won. It's too bad though that refs suck so much.

·
Hokeamaniac
5,775 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I hate crunch time in the NBA

Originally posted by <b>q</b>!

The Wolves one wasn't worse. If they would've called a foul on Casssell right away like most Pistons wans wanted, there would've been 4 sceonds and the Pistons up by 1. If they would've called a foul on Kg, or a no-call. There would've been a 1 or 2 point Piston lead(after FTs) and the ball at midcourt for the Wolves. And with Sam Cassell and KG, there's a good chance that the Wolves still could've came back and won. It's too bad though that refs suck so much.
A good chance you are going to score against one of the best defensive teams in the league, in 4 seconds, which is not enough time to set anything up. Not a good chance, more unlikely than anything else.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts