Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
I hope not, and I'm not sure I agree with this trade idea. I'm not sure Jamison fits into the style of player Silas wants... if anything, I think Antoine Walker provides more of what we need.... a 3 pt threat... but then neither of these guys is a known as a defender either.... or necessarily tough..... and those are things Silas seems to deem important.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think Jamisons game fits in better here but Walkers contract fits much nicer:D Walker is a volume three point shooter not really a super high % shooter, I dont think thats exactly what the team needs. If he came here I think he would be jacking threes left and right. I use to think the idea of having Walker here would be better but now that there are 2 set point guards I think Jamisons game would compliment the team much better.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Actually Jamison would be a good fit. He doesn't need plays run for him to put up 20 ppg. He's really good on the offensive glass. And he's a good finisher around the basket.

Something is going to happen. Z doesn't fit in cleveland.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Z MUST GO. GETTING ANYONE THAT IS SOMEWHAT TALENTED WILL BE AN IMPROVEMENT. I AM BETTER THAN Z, minus the height.

·
Nobody
6,373 Posts
Walker is not a 3-point threat... and he's not a tough player. He's kind of like a less athletic, whiny LeBron.

My favorite thing about Jamison is how he moves without the ball. With Jamison and Boozer cutting, the team would got a lot more easy baskets. Jamison's an awesome finisher, too. And he's got a good 15 foot shot.

My concern would be that the Cavs don't have good enough quality bigmen if they trade Z... and I know he's not top shelf himself, but unlike Diop and Battie he can score reliably.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Nevus</b>!
Walker is not a 3-point threat... and he's not a tough player. He's kind of like a less athletic, whiny LeBron.

My favorite thing about Jamison is how he moves without the ball. With Jamison and Boozer cutting, the team would got a lot more easy baskets. Jamison's an awesome finisher, too. And he's got a good 15 foot shot.

My concern would be that the Cavs don't have good enough quality bigmen if they trade Z... and I know he's not top shelf himself, but unlike Diop and Battie he can score reliably.
But with Lebron, Jamison, Wagner, and Boozer, do you really need to be throwing the ball into Z for points?

I think if Silas uses Lebron in the post more he could probably fill any sort of use Z actually has.

I'd really like to see Lebron in the post in the 4th quarter. It's easy baskets for him. A solid place to go for points when we need them.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If that deal is really on the table I think they should take it. I think Jamison would be a great #2 option and there is no guarentee that this team would be able to sign a free agent worthy of #2 option with the money they would have in Z's absence.

·
Nobody
6,373 Posts
But with Lebron, Jamison, Wagner, and Boozer, do you really need to be throwing the ball into Z for points?

I think if Silas uses Lebron in the post more he could probably fill any sort of use Z actually has.

I'd really like to see Lebron in the post in the 4th quarter. It's easy baskets for him. A solid place to go for points when we need them.
You may be right. James, Boozer, and Jamison are all good post scorers. I was just thinking that it's useful to have a post threat at center to collapse the defense. But the problem with Ilgauskas is that he doesn't pass the ball out if he draws a double. Posting up LeBron would probably be better, especially if they had Jamison who is a great mover without the ball.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Originally posted by <b>tpb2</b>!
Z MUST GO. GETTING ANYONE THAT IS SOMEWHAT TALENTED WILL BE AN IMPROVEMENT. I AM BETTER THAN Z, minus the height.
lol... now that you say it like that.... so am I! I am alot better than Z (minus the height). My shot is better, my feet are better, I can fight better, my defense is better....:grinning:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anything's better than Z. He's weak on defense, and even Diop's improving faster than he is. He's got Rik Smits disease. He plays good offense, but when it comes to D, he's horrific.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts