Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I felt more comfortable having Cook in there last night than I was with Damon. In crunch time I was yelling put Cook back in! Damon couldn't get the ball anywhere in the 4th and Cook looked at ease makeing no look passes and getting the ball to the shooter that was open.

In my eyes Cook seemed at ease!

Don't know if his skill will last, but for now it feels nice having someone who can move the ball the right way.

;)

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just can't believe how at ease he looked and smoothly our offense ran with his calm demeanor.

The ball had a purpose with Cook and that was to make good passes for easy baskets.

·
Player Salary Geek
4,380 Posts
My biggest beef with Damon has always been that his play is that of an individual, not that of a team player.

He dribbles around the perimeter, I believe, because HE wants to be the one to make the final pass. He's waiting for the other players to move to the "right spot" or to free themselves for an open shot.

If that doesn't work, then HE wants to be the one who makes the big shot.

And quite frankly, he's just not a good enough player to do it all. If he COULD do it all, that'd be a great attitude to have. But he's not.

Sounds like Cook was able to do some of what Pippen did the last couple of years - initiate and execute the offense out of the PG spot. Not necessarily get a lot of assists or make a lot of baskets himself, but be part of a team that gets a lot of assists and makes a lot of baskets. If so, that's awesome and I hope the Blazers hang onto him. We'll see....

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
Yep, Terrible, you had the same feeling I always do. Everytime I watch Stoudamire with the ball I feel nervous. I have zero confidence in him. For every 3 pointer he makes, he'll turn it over or dribble the shotclock away or take a stupid shot. I'm always holding my breath and waiting for him to screw up. It's a HUGE relief to watch a point guard you have confidence in.

·
Registered
8,714 Posts
So with Gill joining the team for tomorrow's game with Utah what does that mean for Cook? Does Damon get the night off so these two point guards can show off there skills?

I think that it is wierd that they gave Gill a mutli year deal and Cook didn't get nothing more than a 10 day contract. Wouldn't it make more sense for them to both have a 10 day contract. Is Nash that high on Gill? I can't wait to see him play tomorrow, he better be better than Cook and that is all I have to say! :D

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Does this mean that Damon will have a massive anxiety attack now that Portland is carrying two more PG's? Will his game now get worse?:eek:

Guess we'll find out soon!

I think we should have just kept it with Cook, and gradually let him take more and more of Damon's time. Now Damon's for sure going to be looking over his shoulder.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Terrible</b>!
I felt more comfortable having Cook in there last night than I was with Damon. In crunch time I was yelling put Cook back in! Damon couldn't get the ball anywhere in the 4th and Cook looked at ease makeing no look passes and getting the ball to the shooter that was open.

In my eyes Cook seemed at ease!

Don't know if his skill will last, but for now it feels nice having someone who can move the ball the right way.

;)
I was thinking the same thing.... I was so frustrated about keeping Damon...... Because when Cook is in the team seems to pass the ball around more and get better shots....

·
Registered
8,714 Posts
So is Gill suppose to be better? Is Nash starting tryouts for the point guard position now for next season? Portland has carried 15 players for years until this season. Maybe Nash was given approval to bring in some players with the Blazers moving Damon but the trade dead line next season?

Does anyone know what the terms of Gill's contract are? Multi year deal for thousands or millions?

Anyone? :confused:

·
Registered
392 Posts
Originally posted by <b>HOWIE</b>!
So is Gill suppose to be better? Is Nash starting tryouts for the point guard position now for next season? Portland has carried 15 players for years until this season. Maybe Nash was given approval to bring in some players with the Blazers moving Damon but the trade dead line next season?

Does anyone know what the terms of Gill's contract are? Multi year deal for thousands or millions?

Anyone? :confused:
all i know about Gill is that he played for a North Dakota team........ and i was born in North Dakota so he has to be good.:laugh: :joke:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.