Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Banned
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While we just sat back and did nothing. Because hey, "we're good." That's Paxson's mentality.

Always remember when people try to say, "well, Howard didn't want to play here, and no other good player has ever been available to Paxson," that Philly has a lot less to deal than us and got Bynum.

Bynum and Rose would have made me MORE Than happy not to get Dwight Howard. But alas, instead of Bynum we still have the Boozer/Deng mediocrity-fest as our #2.

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts
Philly gave up an All Star player. They are gambling that Bynum will sign an extension with them, when the new CBA makes it extremely unlikely that he does so without testing the market. This move could easily turn out to be a disaster for the Sixers.

·
Banned
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Philly gave up an All Star player. They are gambling that Bynum will sign an extension with them, when the new CBA makes it extremely unlikely that he does so without testing the market. This move could easily turn out to be a disaster for the Sixers.
Here come the excuses and apologies.

We had an all star player I would have been HAPPY to give up for Bynum. Luol Deng - who frankly SUCKS relative to what Bynum brings to the championship level of basketball.

Best part, if you don't re-sign Bynum, what are you afraid of? That without Deng you're not going to be able to sign anyone to play with Derrick Rose? Are we going to become the 2002 Bulls if we trade for Bynum and he signs elsewhere?

·
Banned
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok Hoodey, what was Chicago going to give up for Bynum?
Exactly what the f Philly gave up. An "all star" and another minor chip

·
Banned
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm sorry, but in what world is Deng on par with Iggy?
I dont think he's quite as good? In the same range? Yes. did the vulls have enough assets to take Philly's place? Yes

·
Premium Member
14,320 Posts
It could be that the other teams involved share your opinions on Deng (or at least the negative opinions).

·
Banned
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bingo. Deng sucks, until he's a good enough chip to land you Bynum.
Deng does suck for the money and a #2 role. So does iguodala. Am I missing something? Did Philly give wade up? Or was it crappy Iggy?

Also this was not a straight up trade. It was as part of a four team deal. Easier than a trade for bynum straight up

·
Banned
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So whats the stance guys? No good move is ever possible? Is this where you say you arent pax fans?

·
Premium Member
8,415 Posts
Deng does suck for the money and a #2 role.
STRAWMAN!

Am I missing something?
Honesty?

Iggy is a better chip than Deng right now. Arguably, he's a better player when both are healthy, and Deng is not healthy. Deng's shooting percentage has suffered since his injury, and he's thinking of skipping surgery. My guess would be that to get in on this deal, you've got to do better than Deng. As I said before, if I'm wrong about that and you could have dealt Deng to land Bynum, then yes, you definitely, obviously, always make that move.

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts
Denver would have to want Deng for Chicago to replace Philly. Iggy is a much better transition player than Deng and the Nuggets are pretty much the highest paced team in the league. Deng just doesn't fit nearly as well with what they do.

·
Registered
266 Posts
While we just sat back and did nothing. Because hey, "we're good." That's Paxson's mentality.

Always remember when people try to say, "well, Howard didn't want to play here, and no other good player has ever been available to Paxson," that Philly has a lot less to deal than us and got Bynum.

Bynum and Rose would have made me MORE Than happy not to get Dwight Howard. But alas, instead of Bynum we still have the Boozer/Deng mediocrity-fest as our #2.
I feel your pain! What makes it even worse is that we lost what little size we had in Asik. It feels like the Bulls are slipping.

·
Your Fav. Personal Demon
4,155 Posts
From a Sixer fan perspective:

Iggy's been trying to get out of Philly for the last 2 years.He flat out said he didn't think he'd be with the team coming into last season. He was gone after this year anyways. This wasn't the big gamble you make it out to be. All star 3 for "the second best big man in the league?" Yes please.

·
X-Mas Taker
8,947 Posts
the thing about this is this .

maybe Deng couldn't be a part of this deal , but what about Noah or Boozer .

thats 3 positions of basically the same ability at basically the same salary.

there have been plenty of Howard/Bynum scenerios featuring plenty of teams but the bulls have been a part of none of them.

the answer is simple ,

they didn't want to , they are content with the roster as is .

I think the front office should want to win as badly as their players.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
the thing about this is this .

maybe Deng couldn't be a part of this deal , but what about Noah or Boozer .

thats 3 positions of basically the same ability at basically the same salary.

there have been plenty of Howard/Bynum scenerios featuring plenty of teams but the bulls have been a part of none of them.

the answer is simple ,

they didn't want to , they are content with the roster as is .

I think the front office should want to win as badly as their players.
The simple answer is, none of those guys are worth Iguodala. Deng and Noah are nice, but I would say a tier down from Iggy value wise, and no one in the league wants Boozer at his current salary.

·
Premium Member
21,879 Posts
Iggy is absolutely mote valuable than Deng, silly thing to get worked up about. Though I wouldn't expect anything less from a poster like Hoodey.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts