Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Met at a conference about 20 minutes ago.

Basically told me, even with Vince Carter added, and Kidd playing at a high level the revenue the Nets are making this season hasn't improved much. In fact the nets have lost more money this season than in the history of the organization.

The nets have not made money for the past 7 seasons, regardless if the nets win or lose.

Ownership does not want to commit anymore money to this team. They have agreed to let the rest of the season play out, and have a fire sale this summer.

Ownership's goal is a 42 mil budget, Thorn has accepted that. Expect the Nets to trade Kidd and Jefferson, and try and build around Carter with a bunch of scrubs.

·
Volleyball Coach
24,902 Posts
hihofink said:
ok. i admit a very bad attempt at a April fools joke.

Let this post die.
It should be left up and all references to April fools should be removed. That way we can see how much influence this board has. The information would probably appear in at least 1 NY paper and probably Insider as well

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
hihofink said:
ok. i admit a very bad attempt at a April fools joke.

Let this post die.

Uhhh...no, this is not a bad attempt at April fools joke.

I was tellin' everyone in my office, since I was so upset I didn't even read on to the next post.

I remember your old posts about graduating from B school and how you'll be working with one of Ratner's construction companies, so I knew you had access to him.

You got me good. Now I gotta go tell everyone in my row of cubes that it was an April Fools joke and I got fooled...

Reactions: Petey

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
I just head the Spurs traded us Tim Duncan for Mercer and the Heat are sending us Shaq and a pick for Thomas.

Personally I don't think Shaq's huge contract is worth it!

-Petey

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
Oh man, you gave me a friggin heart attack. I thought i had a good one by telling my boss we're having twins. I have a 10 month old now.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
I just read this ... ok let this die. A bad one.:biggrin:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts