Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

I miss my crew....

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  RollWithEm 
#1 ·
I was just skimming the Hall of Fame post... I do that every few years... and man do I miss those guys. Anybody still peak in on occasion?

I wonder if @DetBNyce or @Brian. is around at all... where you guys at? Remember the good times?

http://www.basketballforum.com/detr...hread-game-27-miami-heat-detroit-pistons.html

Still one of the best games I've been to, its a tough one to top. Amazing game. Playoff intensity on December 29. The Pistons coming off beating the Heat in the ECF the year before, first game against each other, the highlight at 2:50 of this: - Ben's block, on the way to Tay making Wade look like a fool for reaching and throwing it down... ahh the good ol' days.

The Pistons are looking good (fingers crossed for tonight's preseason game) and I'm feeling nostalgic.

#3 ·
It's been a long road back, but I think it's fair to say the Pistons are going to be relevant again.

So that got me thinking about this place that I used to frequent when I was in HS. Just didn't post as much back then, but lurked and read plenty.

Hard to believe I still remember my username/password.

I remember a lot of those names that are listed in the HOF. Would be cool to see if they came back around again, especially with a team to actually be excited about again.

#4 ·
I have already watched more Pistons games this season than I did before the All-Star Break last season. This team is becoming fun to watch.

#6 ·
That's probably the most encouraging thing about the team - even if they're not great, they're not miserable to watch. Really not surprised by any of it - bring Van Gundy's system to a dominant physical big man, and you've got a ready made recipe for a team that could one day come out of the East, in a down year. But despite all that, still - too simplistic a style to take out some of the tacticians out there heading up the best franchises in the sport.

Hellafun though. And Van Gundy kills momentum with timeouts as well as any coach out there, does a great job with plays out of the break... It's gonna be a good ride. He'll be around more than his five year deal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.