Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reguarding the Assist/TO thing! Although Jay Will has a lot of TO's...upon further review I noticed that there weren't a lot of steals by the opponents in those games.

This indicates that the passes are either dropped or errant, and as such, shows no indication of percieved problems handling the ball.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Upon Further...Further review..

I believe that if you dribble the ball off your foot, THAT is also a turnover...or if you inadvertently "knee" the ball and it goes either out of bounds or to the other team, THAT also is a turnover....a shot clock violation is ALSO a turnover...IF you are throwing the ball inbound from the baseline and your pass hits the bottom of the backboard, that is a turnover, these are ALL mishandling of the ball....i think! LOL So, there COULD be a sign of mishandling the ball...in any event, during these summer leagues, I WILL NOT be one getting upset over anything. Not yet!! LOL GO BULLS~~~

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe that if you dribble the ball off your foot, THAT is also a turnover...or if you inadvertently "knee" the ball and it goes either out of bounds or to the other team, THAT also is a turnover.
Those things rarely happen.

a shot clock violation is ALSO a turnover
WHich only serves to further illustrate my point. Since when is a shot clock violation the fault of any one person on the floor, reguardless of whether or not it is charged to him????

IF you are throwing the ball inbound from the baseline and your pass hits the bottom of the backboard, that is a turnover
When is the last time you saw a PG do that? That is something usually reseved for poor passing centers, and PF's. Anyway, most of the time you are on the baseline, you can move.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts